CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My First Caddy!!!!!!

ThizzFace

I finally got my first cadillac :D 95' STS. I just need some help fixing some problems im having. When i was buying the car i was scared to buy it cause the person that was selling it seemed kinda shady but from all the papper work it was clear he had just bought the car. I also had my dad with me a certified mech. So I figured i was in pretty good hands. The reason he said he was selling it was cause the check engine light was on and he wasnt tring to deal with it he just wanted a car that would pass smog right away "by the way i live in cali where emission laws are pretty stricked". I fell in love with it when i saw it. My dad said it ran good and he checked the codes and there wasnt very many so he said for the price get it. When i got home i looked up the codes and the only current code is p0132....... knock sensor circuitry failure. so what im tring to figure out is where the knock sensor is located and if there is more then one. I wanna try to do the repair myself if at all possible. Has anybody experience this problem.?

I finally got my first cadillac :D 95' STS. I just need some help fixing some problems im having. When i was buying the car i was scared to buy it cause the person that was selling it seemed kinda shady but from all the papper work it was clear he had just bought the car. I also had my dad with me a certified mech. So I figured i was in pretty good hands. The reason he said he was selling it was cause the check engine light was on and he wasnt tring to deal with it he just wanted a car that would pass smog right away "by the way i live in cali where emission laws are pretty stricked". I fell in love with it when i saw it. My dad said it ran good and he checked the codes and there wasnt very many so he said for the price get it. When i got home i looked up the codes and the only current code is p0132....... knock sensor circuitry failure. so what im tring to figure out is where the knock sensor is located and if there is more then one. I wanna try to do the repair myself if at all possible. Has anybody experience this problem.?

Congrats! You will be really lucky if the SES was caused with knock sensor circuit. I am sure someone with Northstar will chime in to guide you through.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

SES.....? Why do you say i will be really lucky. What usually kicks this code?

SES - "service engine soon" light may be cause with a lot of things.What I am saying is the knock sensor or anything related to one is not a big deal.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

[attachmentid=2845]Troubleshooting chart: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBucket/Chart1.jpg (387KB)

post-416-1161415349_thumb.jpg

post-416-1161416691_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I stand corrected.

The '96+ Northstar has the knock sensor in the valley under the intake. I would have thought the '95 did too but I guess not.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived