CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I got my book!!!

davedog

WooHOo! Thanks to some pointer from people on this site my nearly mint condition 1992 Eldorado/Seville Service manual arrived today! I am very pleased and excited! :D It's so BIG! So now if anyone here needs some info from it let me know...

ya'll have been so helpful to me, hope I can return the favor!

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

It's the best $$$ you'll ever spend on your car.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I got mine like a year ago, so far it has been absolutely no help at all. Check out the instructions on alt replacement. "Remove Radiator hose" What for? It's on the other side! Never touched it! Came out like a dream! It also said for this same alt replace to remove the air cleaner box also OTHER SIDE! And now I have a major squeeak in the S belt and what info does it have on that> Almost none! It was the most useless money I ever spent.

MC

95 SLS, I would put you in the minority. Manuals have saved me more $$ over the years than I can remember. One of the first things I get as an accessory for a new veh. is a manual.

You can always sell your manual on Ebay and get some use out of it.

Hey 95 SLS, the day will come when it will enable you to diagnose a problem and fix it yourself. That one time will pay for itself. Like Bill K, it is the first thing I buy when I get a new car.

I got my manual right after I found this forum, I got mine off of ebay for 80.00, it is a two volume set for the 94 Seville.

The manual has been a life saver for me in the replacement of my Alternator and repairing my oil line leaks.

You can not go wrong getting a factory service manual for your car, all the different info it has availble to you is such a great help, espically when you add the info you can get from the great members of this forum.

John

John

Factory shop manuals are worth their weight in gold. And you have to get the real books - shop manuals on CD can't compare. I mean - when working on your car are you really going to run back and forth a hundred times to your computer?

They're great. Fun read too for the true enthusiast.

~Doc

Factory shop manuals are worth their weight in gold. And you have to get the real books - shop manuals on CD can't compare. I mean - when working on your car are you really going to run back and forth a hundred times to your computer?

I agree with Cardio Doc here, you have to have the real GM factory manuals, others just do not make the grade. And they are interesting to just look over and read.

John

John

The manuals have been indispensible to me in servicing my car's electronics; something, unfortunately, I can't trust to the average auto tech.

Furthermore, my local mechanic is DELIGHTED that he can simply pop my trunk lid to access the service manuals. I get better service as a result.

Some of the best $$$ I ever spent.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Sniper602,

Pick up a used manual set on Ebay or buy a brand new original set at www.helminc.com. Don't waste your $$$ on Chiltons.

Gonna run you about $120 for new manuals. Ebay, of course, is less.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived