CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ducks

hyperboimmv

The birds are merlettes, which are heraldic adaptations of the martin. They are set in trios to represent the Holy Trinity. Merlettes were usually awarded by the school of heralds to knights making significant contributions in the Crusades. The color- black against gold- represents wisdom and riches. The "fess" or lateral black bar, represents an award for Crusader service

http://home.iag.net/~middlebr/crest.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Hmm.. Well that answers that, LOL. But whats up with the birds missing? I was told it had something to do with the Catera?

Nothing to do with the Catera... It was a "Modernizing" of the Cadillac emblem that started in 2000 and was completed in 2002. Personally, I like the old style emblem better - the new one looks incomplete without the crowns and the merletts.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Probably took them off due to the representation of the Holy Trinity. Maybe they were afraid they would "offend" someone if the word got out. Got to be "politically" correct nowadays. We can't have any references to religion.

Anne-Marie LaVerge-Webb was the lead designer for the new crest. She said that they wanted the new crest to look like it was milled out of a single billet of aluminum, and that she wanted the new crest to look more technical and less fussy. The "ducks" felt fussy. The crown was also discarded at the top of the emblem.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived