CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Proper Coolant Level

Poobah

My coolant level looks a little low in the surge tank. What is the proper fill level for a 2000 Deville? I'm still waiting for the Factory Service Manuals I ordered to come.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

should be in your owners manual, if not I belive its 2 inches from the top of the surge tank or there abouts.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

should be in your owners manual, if not I belive its 2 inches from the top of the surge tank or there abouts.

Sounds about right.

If you don't have an Owners Manual look here: https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

At some point they started using a surge tank that is opaque black on top and translucent on the bottom. Those have a fill mark on them that is at the seperation point where it goes from opaque to translucent (1/2). The guru always said 2". I do not think it is that critical. Anywhere from 1/2 tank - 2" from the top should be fine. It will tell you if you get too low.

Archived