CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The sensors are before and after the CAT. I would think removing it will cause problems as the sensors will detect a CAT failure and the PCM will compensate leading to an improper fuel mixture.

You would have to replace the o2 sensors before/after the cat with o2 sensor simulators similar to the Caspers Electronics line, which they recently apparently discontinued.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

You might be better advised to just get a low-restriction catalytic converter.

The factory catalytic converter for the STS/ETC looks very much like the low-restrction unit from Borla and others. I do belive that the STS/ETC and probably the other Northstars come with a low-restriction catalytic converter.

This hints that maybe you should leave the catalytic conveter alone and get lower restriction mufflers.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I would second the notion to leave the catalytic converter in place...or get a high-flow one if you're concerned about the original. A properly-operating converter doesn't rob any noticeable power from the vehicle. And although your particular county may not have emission testing, don't think that you're exempt from the law. It's a federal felony to remove an operating catalytic converter from a vehicle, except for replacement. Just because you might have clean air, doesn't mean everyone else does -- and smog knows no county/state boundaries.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived