CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ABS Light

Hi again folks. The ABS light had been on a while on my 92 SDV, and I had attempted to pull codes on it, and kept getting a "no codes" message. So I was going to do a few other things before getting back to that problem, and tonight driving home the light didn't come on...Before it would be out when you started up, but when you started moving it came on. Drove it 5 miles from the drug store to the house and it never came back on...Any ideas? I am wondering if there may be an electrical problem of some sort, the courtesy chime sounds like a sick duck..

"Torque it down 'til it strips. Then back off half a turn."

www.picturetrail.com/carolinagreg

Check the battery, cables, and grounds, and the engine ground; any of these can cause wierd codes. If they are good, check the codes while the vehicle is running and the ABS light is on.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

'92 SDV ABS codes will not display on the DIC. They must be pulled from and ABS module which if I remember correctly is under the passenger seat. Run a continuity check on each of the wheel speed sensors. A bad sensor will illuminate the ABS light. If it is bad, the bearing may not be far behind.

• 3 months later...

Hey Folks- just getting back to this. Does anyone know if you can test the wheel speed sensors with an ohm meter, and if so- what kind of reading should I be looking for to indicate a good one? Which, I suppose I could check all 4 and see if one is low/high from all the rest..

Thanks!

'92 SDV ABS codes will not display on the DIC. They must be pulled from and ABS module which if I remember correctly is under the passenger seat. Run a continuity check on each of the wheel speed sensors. A bad sensor will illuminate the ABS light. If it is bad, the bearing may not be far behind.

"Torque it down 'til it strips. Then back off half a turn."

www.picturetrail.com/carolinagreg

I have nothing to add to Ranger's comments. All are good suggestions. I had intermittent ABS light last year. Simple diagnostics resulted in nothing. It is constant now...

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived