CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Location in avatar area

In the "My Controls" section, it asks you to type your location (presumably: City, State). I think this is good context for many of the discussions, and I think it'd be helpful to have this displayed in the info margin on the left under the avatar (like the vehicle type and number of posts are). You don't have to be specific if you don't want to be, but it will give readers some context to the poster's message.

Any thoughts?

Also Bruce, I understand contributing/subscribing members can change their member type in their profile (BobD is "Subscribing Mad Scientist" for example). Is this something we can change ourselves, or do we need to submit a request to you personally? I couldn't find that in My Controls.

Thanks,

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I think the city,state could be good info to go with some questions/topics. I'll look at how to get it displayed in the side bar.

The custom member type title requires special setup, and is reserved for Subscribing Members.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Location is now shown in the avatar area. Your location can be put in by going to My Controls, then Edit Profile Information, then Your Location.

Bruce

Great! Looks good. One final suggestion there...is it possible to make the field names bold...like "Group", "Posts", "Member", "Where", and "Joined"? That would just bring those out better and add some more definition to that area I think.

Thanks, :)

Thanks for adding "Where:" to the info at the left of the post.

I've often wondered where members are located and sometimes it has a bearing on their posts.

I hope members who haven't given this info will do so, if only in a general region if they don't want to get too specific.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Great!  Looks good.  One final suggestion there...is it possible to make the field names bold...like "Group", "Posts", "Member", "Where", and "Joined"?  That would just bring those out better and add some more definition to that area I think.

Seem to have done it; the board builds those texts from a language file and the data file, so there is the option to have the board texts work in other languages. I think I have edited the language file properly to include the formatting.

I also moved the car type to the bottom of the list so it is easier to find.

Do we need member number? I think "joined date" or even number of posts lets you know the right thing there. So maybe ditch member number and even joined date?

Bruce

Do we need member number? I think "joined date" or even number of posts lets you know the right thing there. So maybe ditch member number and even joined date?

Oooh --- VERY NICE! I love it! :)

I think we need to include at least member number OR joined date. I think it gives some context as to how long the member has been around, even just being in lurk mode. If we were going to get rid of one of them, I'd vote to KEEP the join date, and get rid of the member number...if I had to choose. ;)

Thanks Bruce!

I like the number since I have a low two-digit one, it's kind of a status thing.

But I'll defer to the wishes of other members.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived