CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A/C on pass side but not drivers side

CoupeDTS

First hot day of the year here in nebraska, like 85, so flipped on the a/c. Bought the car in december so of course forgot to check the a/c. Only hot air comes out the drivers side, not heater hot but outside hot, and cold air on the passenger side. Whats the deal with this. Only code on the car is B0429, rear temperature control, rear seams to work as far as I know. So what do I gotta do here. Thanks

Woops its a 2000 deville dts

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Classic symptom of a low refrigerant charge on dual zone systems. The dual zone systems will be warm on one side and cool on the other before the low refrigerant message displays. Time to hook up a manifold gage set and see what the system pressures are - I will bet you need some R-134a added to the system.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

what pressure should I be at or shoot for? Guess the rear a/c and heat dont really work either. I read past threads and tried the toggle between hot and cold to see if its a sticky door but that aint doin nothin. Thanks

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

I would need to know the ambient temperature and relative humidity in order to get an estimate on the pressures.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Classic symptom of a low refrigerant charge on dual zone systems. The dual zone systems will be warm on one side and cool on the other before the low refrigerant message displays. Time to hook up a manifold gage set and see what the system pressures are - I will bet you need some R-134a added to the system.

I too have also heard about this sorta thing !

Michael :P

What KHE says is true.

My car, 2001 Deville, also had this problem. Warmer drivers side then passenger.

Spent 6 hours checking AC doors etc. Then found a service manual statement...."is drivers side warmer then passenger side?"....."issue is low freon but will show normal AC pressure."

Archived