CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OFF SUBJECT

It's in excellent condition for a 79. Some restoration work on the leather is needed but overall it looks like a good buy.

Hi johnnydone,

I've owned RR Silver Shadows since 1987. They can be much fun and much headache also. Did you check the hydraulics? These cars have a complex hydraulic system operating with a special fluid (RR363). This system actuates the brakes via several valves and two spherical nitrogene filled accumulators. THe rear automatic levelling system is also powered by these hydraulics.

The electrics are also somewhat....say special.

If you plan to keep the car for a longer period of time, I would recommend that you join the RROC of America. Their website is www.rroc.org. There is a very helpful (member only) forum with a good number of people helping each other. They also run a mailing list.

If you need help send me a pm. I've got the workshop manuals either written and on CD rom and could send you what you need.

At the moment I have a 1977 Silver Shadow I (one of the last made) which got a noisy valve gear, a typical problem with these cars. I'm about to tear the upper engine apart...most probably the lifters are bad, but maybe the camshaft too. If the camshaft has to be replaced the engine has to come out, cause it's put in from the back!

Good luck with your new purchase

Stefan

JOHN.......Looks good !!!!!!!!!!

Ride cool knowing that Roller has a good old GM transmission,

Delco electronics, Gm Harrison AC stuff.

Heck I have seen some 80s Rollers with good old Delco/Bose

stereos in them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Nice car. Congrats. It does come to mind how far we have come in our interpretation of luxury. In '79, that was a state of the art vehicle. Now you can get almost all of it's features on almost any car out there. I really like Rolles'. What really keeps me from even considering one (old and used of course) is the high repair / replacement costs. Good luck with it.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

thanks to everyone and a special thanks to stefank who is sending me a repair manual on cd a real hard to find item this is a great site with a lot of gfreat knowledgable people thanks again[attachmentid=2453]

post-1395-1144961614.jpg

Looks like three tons of fun to me!

Nice ride!

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived