CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

performance exhaust headers

danbuc

Hey, I was just talking to the guy who runs Domestic Performance today and we got to talking about performance mods for cadillacs. The PCM they offer is VIN # dependent because for some reason only certain cars computers could be hacked. He is also considering making High-Flow exhaust headers for the northstar since the stock ones are very restrictive. The only problem is that he wants to make sure that people are interested in it so that it isn't a waste of time to make. If anyone is interested email them at (domesticperformance@comcast.net). The more people that show interest, the more likely they will be made. So if you are interested, email them so they can get an idea of how many people would want them. This way they will hopefully decide to produce them in greater numbers which would bring down the price. I know I would definitely want to get some High-Flow headers. It would certainly increase power. :D

So like I said, if you would like a set of these let them know so that they will make them. Thanks

If your interested, email domestic performance and ask if they would make you a one off set to test out. It would probably cost a bit of money but it would be worth it in the long run. email them and see what they say :) b

He is also considering making High-Flow exhaust headers for the northstar since the stock ones are very restrictive.

I'd first ask him how he plans to design them so differently and still stay tucked up under the car cleanly. I wonder how GM got over 1 hp/ci with "very restrictive" manifolds??!!

Besides, I don't think the exhaust manifolds are the big restriction -- if they could re-engineer how the exhaust pipe snakes up and over the transmission tunnel (and gets crimped in the process for clearance), THAT would be worth money.

I'll be interested to see what "performance gains" they get if they do re-engineer a different exhaust manifold.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

and another thing, why do you care so much?

It's my car, quit trying to put other people down by questioning what we do to our N* .... I know that its great as is, but again why do you care so much?

people like you are really getting on my nerve..im about ready to just pop!

Raped my car? how have i already "raped" my car????

I would like to see headers released for the FWD NS cars. Seems to be a real fitment challenge, but if Domestic Performance can some made I think they would sell well enough. Especially if you don't have to take the engine/powertrain out of the car to put the headers in.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Besides, I don't think the exhaust manifolds are the big restriction -- if they could re-engineer how the exhaust pipe snakes up and over the transmission tunnel (and gets crimped in the process for clearance), THAT would be worth money.

I'll be interested to see what "performance gains" they get if they do re-engineer a different exhaust manifold.

I have seen MANY Northstar powered dune buggies, which allow lots of room for headers, and the stock engine with just headers is always uprated to 330 to 350 HP. You are correct in thinking that front bank passing over the trans is a signifcant restriction.

Additional mods that are quite common include single and dual turbochargers. There are also some nice finned valve covers and manifold covers.

The site of a buggy popping a 90MPH wheelie for a couple hundred feet is pretty impressive.

If you are EVER on I-8 just West of Yuma on a weekend, you owe it to yourself to drive into the sand parks, Buttercup is just a few minutes South of I-8, Gecko is most of an hour to get to. Don't bother if it is over 100 degrees!

post-3-1078913895.jpg

I have seen MANY Northstar powered dune buggies, which allow lots of room for headers, and the stock engine with just headers is always uprated to 330 to 350 HP. You are correct in thinking that front bank passing over the trans is a signifcant restriction.

Well sure dune buggies -- but they're wide open as far as room for headers and emissions compliance, etc. I'd like to see a shorty style header for a FWD Northstar that's going to give a significant advantage over stock, given the very tight packaging. I'm not at all saying it can't be done (I haven't tried). I'm just saying I'd love to see it. That would complement intake and exhaust modifications of the potential for less restriction really is there.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

i was at the parts store the other day and when i was leaving the person in the impala SS next to my car asked if i knew how to get the hood open. huh? i showed them and noticed the LT-1 had hooker headers on it. pretty cool. black steel wheels, a nice variety of dents and a dead battery too. they wanted to know if i knew anyone who had a car for sale. hmm, maybe i should have made them an offer.

As far as I'm concerned, and before I would buy one, it would need to be designed as a complete system. Header to tailpipe, factory fit and finish, a LITTLE louder but not objectionable. And to do it right, it would have to be available in stages. That means you could max out all your cards and get the whole thing, or you could work for every penny and install the system piece by piece. You would also need the option of retaining the CAT............. or not. See "Borla" for details.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Hello I am new to this forum and I think this is great that other people love Cadi's as much as I do. I would be interested in getting headers and a performance chip for my car. (1998 Seville SLS) The fuel pump cuts out at 110 mph. Any Ideas on any chips available? :unsure:

Archived