CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Sad day for me and my Caddy STS

SGT.ROCK

I believe that was either Barry94 or growe3...Need to find that thread myself once spring hits...:)

Yes, I did completely stop a case half leak. It was quite "drippy", a good cleaning and some RTV sealed it nicely.

As this is not a pressure leak, the RTV should last for many years.

I do understand that sometimes you just don't want to "fix" anymore and something new can be very exciting.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

SGT...........My local Caddy dealer has 05 DeVilles (base?)all ex-rentals

with 13-30k miles being advertised for $24,995................

WOW.......They lost 1/2 their value. I can imagine how much

the dealer paid at auction for them....................

Another mega dealer has 05 trailblazers 4 door, 4x4, all the power

goodies, SOME have roofs ! 19-30k miles $19,995 and up.

Heck as far as extended warranty or even paying that GM certified

warranty premium check out http://www.gmoutlet.com

The BEST genuine GMPP prices I have found anywhere.....................geo

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

When my sls was still under warranty, a dealership tried to convince me to have my half case gaskets replaced. They said I was in for serious trouble if I didn't take there advice.

That was 3 years and 65,000 miles ago and she still runs great with only very minor oil seepage.

I doubt if she would still be running if I had let them monkeys tear this great engine apart.

Hi there

With two cars in the driveway I have seem my share of repair bills but I try to keep it in perspective. Both vehicles were used when I purchased them and in very good shape. They were very reasonably priced and paid for long ago. It probably costs me 1500.00 per year per car to keep them in top notch shape and I am a bit of a fanatic who can do few repairs on my own. I really like both of my units and while I could well afford to purchase new editions nothing out there really turns my crank the way an STS does particularly the 94 model. Added to this is the fact that my repair costs now are peanuts compared to the depreciation and sales taxes (15% here in Canada) I would face in the first year alone of any new vehicle's life. My late father used to say that a car was one of the major money pits in life and that the only way you could limit its' effect was by buying right, looking after your vehicle and driving it for as long as you can ----- a real Scot eh! The fact is I have followed his advice and for the most part it has paid off for me with the bonus being that I have two caddys to boot!

Hey Canadian Caddy....................You forgot to post the BEST reason !!!!!!!!!!!!

NO PAYMENTS!!!!!!!!!!................geo

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

SGT -- I to am considering trading in my 97 SLS (with only 86 K) for something worry free. THEN I get behind the wheel and head down the road and think to myself. WHY? It's paid for and runs great. Every now and then I to get a whif of coolant and then it goes away. Yeah the rear rotors need replaced again and the front struts need replaced. But I do have to say that this is the best car that I have ever owned. I bought used in 2002 for 16 K with 54 K miles on it and now with 86K. I really can't complain. You decide what you want to do. Good luck and send pics if you do.

PS my other daily driver is a 94 Chevy Z-71 with 127K and it to runs very strong. :D

SGT -- I to am considering trading in my 97 SLS (with only 86 K) for something worry free. THEN I get behind the wheel and head down the road and think to myself. WHY? It's paid for and runs great. Every now and then I to get a whif of coolant and then it goes away. Yeah the rear rotors need replaced again and the front struts need replaced. But I do have to say that this is the best car that I have ever owned. I bought used in 2002 for 16 K with 54 K miles on it and now with 86K. I really can't complain. You decide what you want to do. Good luck and send pics if you do.

PS my other daily driver is a 94 Chevy Z-71 with 127K and it to runs very strong. :D

I done traded my Caddy in on a 2005 GMC Canyon SLE Crewcab 4x4 its yellow, So far I lke it alot but I really miss the 300HP And low 15 sec Quarter mile times. I dont think I will post anypics, afterall its just a GMC and not a Caddy :( I owed too much money on my Caddy to justify putting more money into it.But like I have said many times before I have nothing bad to say about my STS or anyother Caddy for that matter, it was a car that you could run balls to the wall and it would beg for more. Anyway I wanted something with a warranty and 4WD and I got it. :blink:

With what marika and danbuc say, yeah brogan sucks. My grandparents have an 83 coupe deville( A CLASSIC NOW!) which the jackass wouldn't service for a minor fuel delivery issue (gotta love digital injection). Anyway, took it to Gill's in ridgewood and it runs as good as ever. The one unfortunatey thing is that my grandfather is now looking at a new SRX (to replace his x5, NOT the '83), and the first place he goes is brogan...i don't get it.

I appreciate your wanting to move up to a new car. The problem is the technolgy for the new car is the same(I think). I was down to Daytona last year(the 24hours ,not the 500 borefest). I was talking to a GM guy about the new Bonneville. I had heard they are going to put the same basic block in the new Pontiac. He said he had heard that also. I ask him point blank if they had fixed the problem of oil leaks yet. He said as far as he knew they haven't. So I would be careful about my choices. If the same thing is going to happen after you hit 100k, why buy new. My 95' Seville now has about 260K. I bought it with about 100k on it. A great car. Changed the water pump(at about 200k). I was lucky my oil leak didn't start until about 190k. Other than the oil leak and the tranny sending a service engine it runs great. Just keep lots of oil on hand and a piece of tape over the service light and just drive it. Best of luck. SS6404

Archived