CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CNBC @ 10:30 AM Eastern today

JimD

I found this video on the Camaro

mms://c9o.earthcache.net/woc-01.media.globix.net/COMP000787MOD1/roadandtrack/2006/0601_camaro_hi.wmv

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Some interesting facts:

1) Ford increased Mustang production to 192,000 in 2005 – 80,000 more than in 2004 (a 42% increase!)

2) The 2005 Mustang was the hottest-selling car in the industry

3) Almost 1/2 of the sports cars sold in the U.S. in 2005 was a Mustang

Good thing GM killed the "no demand for" Camaro and Firebird... If they hadn't they could have ended up in some kind of financial difficulties...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

i didn't see the piece on cable but there are some great shots at autoweek.com...looks great but awfully akin to the challenger pics that came out last week....very muscualr and bulgy...three years to come to market...in this marketplace, that's a lifetime. jackg 90seville 99k

I found this video on the Camaro

mms://c9o.earthcache.net/woc-01.media.globix.net/COMP000787MOD1/roadandtrack/2006/0601_camaro_hi.wmv

Hey Body!

How do yo get this to play?

thanks,

Copy that link into to your browser and click go

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I like the looks of it. It does sort of resemble the Charger though. If it takes 3 years to come out though, the design may become out of date. In the meantime, Ford and Dodge will rake in the profits. GM should put this out ASAP. I always felt GM screwed up in killing the Camaro, you disappoint the followers and they go someplace else. Ford almost screwed up on the Mustang, but an outcry of Mustang owners put them back on track. Now look where they are.

Ford is facing the same hurdles/obstacles/challenges as GM and to a lesser extent, Daimler-Chrysler. I doubt if anyone on the Ford Executive Committee or Board of Directors is predicting that Mustang sales volume and production volume will convince Wall St. that Ford has a rosey future.

It will be interesting to see if Chevrolet Division gets the production go-ahead; and will Pontiac Division resurrect the Trans Am??

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

It will be interesting to see if Chevrolet Division gets the production go-ahead; and will Pontiac Division resurrect the Trans Am??

Bob Lutz, (what ever happened to that guy?) was always very careful when he talked about GM's future plans with pony cars... But he was always clear... Camaro "maybe"... Firebird/TA "no way"...

GM desperately needs to build this and other cars that the youth market can: a) afford and b ) fall in love with... I still have my Z28 that I got "brand new" to go to University in... The car is parked in my front-yard under a tarp waiting for future glory. That car and all of the fun I had in and around it B) made me a died in the wool GM guy. For thouse who think brand loyality is dead... talk to a 18 year old with his bing bing Civic...

caddy.jpg

Greg

.... I still have my Z28 that I got "brand new" to go to University in... The car is parked in my front-yard under a tarp waiting for future glory....

More evidence that I was sent home from the maternity ward with the wrong family.

My go-to-school ride was a Nash Metropolitan!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I like the looks of it. It does sort of resemble the Charger though. If it takes 3 years to come out though, the design may become out of date. In the meantime, Ford and Dodge will rake in the profits. GM should put this out ASAP. I always felt GM screwed up in killing the Camaro, you disappoint the followers and they go someplace else. Ford almost screwed up on the Mustang, but an outcry of Mustang owners put them back on track. Now look where they are.

The Camaro was killed due to low sales volumes. That said, it's no wonder the sales volumes were down as the car basically looked the same for 10 model years.... The same can be said for the Cadillac Fleetwood and Chevrolet Caprice - The Fleetwood was basically the same car from 1980-1992 and the Chevrolet Caprice was pretty much the same from 1977 to 1990. Cadillac wanted to kill the RWD Brougham but it had such a loyal following that they really couldn't justify eliminating it. By keeping it the same for so long, I think it lost it's customer base and by the time it finally was completely restyled for 1993, much of the customer base was gone. That lineup was then killed in the mid 1996 model year - due to low sales and the desire to convert the Arlington, TX plant to truck production.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

.... I still have my Z28 that I got "brand new" to go to University in... The car is parked in my front-yard under a tarp waiting for future glory....

More evidence that I was sent home from the maternity ward with the wrong family.

Ya sorry... I was one of "those" kids... Grandpa, who taught me to drive (V8s ONLY... BTW) Factory ordered the Zee... He left us last year... But the Zee lives on!

caddy.jpg

Greg

Archived