CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

01 dts air suspension

brewdoggy

new to caddy scene, and need help. air pump makes kinda loud noise when first started, when it is real cold out car rides like someone is jumping up and down on rear bumper, is that a bad pump or module or help with any other ideas, car dont ride as good as i think it should, what is the problem and how can i find out. :(

First step is to pull the error codes. The attached file is more than you want to know about displaying codes.

Post your results and help will soon follow.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

First step is to pull the error codes. The attached file is more than you want to know about displaying codes.

checked codes and found under code rss co662 current, also pump runs for about 40 seconds.

checked codes and found under code rss co662 current, also pump runs for about 40 seconds.

The pump may run for 40 seconds if you put something heavy in the trunk. Otherwise it runs for some 5-10 seconds.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

The pump may run for 40 seconds if you put something heavy in the trunk. Otherwise it runs for some 5-10 seconds.

Trunk is empty, still runs for 40 seconds, code reads co662 which i found out is level controlexhaust valve circuit low, now what do i do, is that something i can fix or do i replace pump, and where is pump?

Your C0662 = Level Control Exhaust Valve Circuit Low.

You mentioned cold temperature sensitive. I would suspect a wiring or compressor electrical connector problem, or a failed (shorted) exhaust valve.

Try erasing the codes just to be certain the C0662 is set immediately. I think this DTC should also display a "SERVICE SUSPENSION SYSTEM" message on the DIC?? (I'm not 100% sure about that).

The compressor is located behind the RR wheel. And the "head unit", including the exhaust valve, is serviceable seperate from the entire compressor.

Hang in there.....

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Your C0662 = Level Control Exhaust Valve Circuit Low.

You mentioned cold temperature sensitive. I would suspect a wiring or compressor electrical connector problem, or a failed (shorted) exhaust valve.

Try erasing the codes just to be certain the C0662 is set immediately. I think this DTC should also display a "SERVICE SUSPENSION SYSTEM" message on the DIC?? (I'm not 100% sure about that).

The compressor is located behind the RR wheel. And the "head unit", including the exhaust valve, is serviceable seperate from the entire compressor.

Hang in there.....

jim you are right about the service suspension system, that message flashed on dic a day ago i think, is the head unit under hood somewhere because that is where the noise is i hear when i start car and it runs for 40 seconds, where should i start, thanks for your help jim i am looking forward to your replies, my wife is driving me nuts about this and i dont know anything about these cars being i only had it about 3 months.

Nothing to do with the Automatic Level Control system is under the hood; you might have two issues going on. Did you see codes other than C0662?

The compressor will run at start-up if the car has been sitting for a while. With ignition ON, stand at the RR corner and you will hear the compressor run for a few seconds and then shut off. Is that the noise in question?

When the rear of the car is too low, the compressor airs up the bags at the rear shocks. When the rear of the car is too high, the exhaust valve opens and allows air to escape from the air bags.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Nothing to do with the Automatic Level Control system is under the hood; you might have two issues going on. Did you see codes other than C0662?

The compressor will run at start-up if the car has been sitting for a while. With ignition ON, stand at the RR corner and you will hear the compressor run for a few seconds and then shut off. Is that the noise in question?

When the rear of the car is too low, the compressor airs up the bags at the rear shocks. When the rear of the car is too high, the exhaust valve opens and allows air to escape from the air bags.

suspension code came across dic 2 days ago, noise is under hood, i noticed last night it seems like it whines until high idle shuts off, about 40 seconds.

suspension code came across dic 2 days ago, noise is under hood, i noticed last night it seems like it whines until high idle shuts off, about 40 seconds

That sounds more like the alternaotor whine discussed in Nickolai's (sp?) thread od a few days ago.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

suspension code came across dic 2 days ago, noise is under hood, i noticed last night it seems like it whines until high idle shuts off, about 40 seconds

That sounds more like the alternaotor whine discussed in Nickolai's (sp?) thread od a few days ago.

Sounds like the (electric) AIR pump; it runs for a short period after a cold start to assist in heating the catalyst to operating temperature.

Kevin

Sounds like the (electric) AIR pump; it runs for a short period after a cold start to assist in heating the catalyst to operating temperature.

Kevin

i think you are all right about altenator whining, noise i hear sounds like it is coming from behind drivers side front tire, i know it is not an air leak so it has to be altenator, still havnt figured out suspension code or how to fix it, or where to begin. i dont want to take it to the shop.

Interesting though about the electric air pump. I had that one a few times over the Christmas holidays when my baby had to sit outside at a freinds house. My noise seemed to be coming from the drivers side fenderwell....exactly where the air pump is I understand. It was more of a rythmic groan than a squeal or hiss. I thought I had an animal caught up in the waterpump drive belt for a second !!!! :D

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Interesting though about the electric air pump. I had that one a few times over the Christmas holidays when my baby had to sit outside at a freinds house. My noise seemed to be coming from the drivers side fenderwell....exactly where the air pump is I understand. It was more of a rythmic groan than a squeal or hiss. I thought I had an animal caught up in the waterpump drive belt for a second !!!! :D

i agree that whining noise will be altenator but how do i fix the exhaust valve on air pump for code co622 current that i am getting?

i agree that whining noise will be altenator but how do i fix the exhaust valve on air pump for code co622 current that i am getting?

I believe the exhaust valve is part of the compressor head assembly. All major parts of the compressor are available from GM. There are specific instructions in the shop manual as far as sealing the new head, torque values, etc.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived