CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I have been passing a 95 Seville SLS with a 4-sale sign on it for about a week parked in front of an office building on a busy road. Today I stopped. The owner came out while I was looking at it, he is selling it because he purchased a newer Seville which I saw (don't know year).

The 95 Seville is beautiful, I think the color is champagne, the interior is a very light beige/cream. The car has about 120K miles and it has been maintained by a local Cadillac dealer since 1997. According to the owner it uses about a quart every oil change which is good. I had him start it and the Northstar is very quiet, quieter than mine.

The only problems is 1) the steering wheel and shift handle are worn and the drivers door lock lock does not operate from the remote or the switch, you have to manually lock it (needs a lock servo I am sure).

The body is in beautiful condition. I hope to have photos, the owner took photos and is emailing them to me. I may try to drive it tomorrow and run the computer codes. The only problem I see is that the engine compartment and engine are dirty. The price is $4,350. Anyone interested?

I think the price is on the high side. However, if all the maintenance is up to date then it may be ok. Find out what parts have been replaced...if the expensive parts have been replaced/renewed then the price is probably ok. The Ride Control System alone is worth a fortune if it's been properly maintained with OEM parts.

I paid $5,000 for my '94 SLS with 91,000k miles. The car had been sitting for 2 years and unfortunately looked great, but I had to replace a lot of parts due to lack of driving. These cars are not cheap to maintain or to get in driving condition if they've been let go.

I think the price is on the high side.  However, if all the maintenance is up to date then it may be ok.  Find out what parts have been replaced...if the expensive parts have been replaced/renewed then the price is probably ok.  The Ride Control System alone is worth a fortune if it's been properly maintained with OEM parts.

I paid $5,000 for my '94 SLS with 91,000k miles.  The car had been sitting for 2 years and unfortunately looked great, but I had to replace a lot of parts due to lack of driving.  These cars are not cheap to maintain or to get in driving condition if they've been let go.

You don't have to tell me how expensive it is to maintain an older car I have a 96.

However, your average Joe should not buy an older car as they are NOT capable of doing the work themselves, and it gets too expensive to take to be repaired when repairs are needed.

This car is PERFECT for someone like me that does his own work, and for many here on our board! I could see Kger2 or Adallak liking this car!

If my business was cooking along I would buy this for my son in college it would be a big wow under the Xmas tree!.. but I am in a retrenching/marketing period right now.

That's a great looking SLS. I wish I were a little bit richer... I am not afraid of any repair on Cadillacs (due to the knowledge gained from you guys) as long as the problem is diagnosed correctly.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Boy Scotty, that does look like a pretty clean SLS. You know, I was kind of focusing on the STS and ETC when I was searching before I bought this Riviera. I guess I always wanted one of those, but this sounds like a pretty good deal. Maybe I should have included the SLS in my list to pursue as well...

I would say if the suspension, brakes, tires, etc. are pretty sound yet it would have gotten my interest for sure. Of course it is half way across the country for me though! I did buy one car down in Kentucky off of autotrader.com, so a good road trip doesn't scare me off if I have sufficient proof/pictures of a great deal!

Thanks for posting this Scotty, and hopefully there will be another happy Caddy owner soon! cool.gif

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

... The Ride Control System alone is worth a fortune if it's been properly maintained with OEM parts.

Dkwebb2727,

Is this early StabilTrac or what?

This is an sLs, not sTs.

I thought the sTs' were the only ones with "stabilitrac"...

thanks

...  The Ride Control System alone is worth a fortune if it's been properly maintained with OEM parts.

Dkwebb2727,

Is this early StabilTrac or what?

This is an sLs, not sTs.

I thought the sTs' were the only ones with "stabilitrac"...

thanks

It was 1997 that Stabilitrak was first introduced. It would not apply to this model. I am not sure if it was only the STS that got it or not unsure.gif . I think in 1998 it was standard on the STS, optional on the SLS. Either way it did not come until 1997.

Otherwise a nice automobile.

Spence

It was 1997 that Stabilitrak was first introduced. It would not apply to this model. I am not sure if it was only the STS that got it or not unsure.gif . I think in 1998 it was standard on the STS, optional on the SLS. Either way it did not come until 1997.

Otherwise a nice automobile.

Spence

Thank you Spence...

I don't know exactly what system is on my '94 SLS, but I do get the Service Ride Control message once in a while. I've asked a couple shops what it would cost to investigate and they've hedged on the price. The car rides fine to me. My point to Scotty is that if the car doesn't have the message displaying Ride Control problems and if the owner has documentation that the system has been maintained using factory equipment and not rigged with some cheaper partes from NAPA, it adds value to the car imho.

I agree that if new OEM struts were replaced in the last couple of years thats a bonanza, but on a 95 its highly unlikely. If these are the original struts, with is very likely they are SHOT without a doubt given this is a 95. With Boston Suspensions and Arnott selling 4 passive struts (FRONT AND REAR) for $550 its no longer a big expense to replace all 4, as it was with OEM at $800 each... But I see you point if the struts ARE NEW, its a big positive..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived