CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Heres a good question

Bentham

98Concours inspired me for this one..

How many times have you been pulled over....and more importantly, gotten out of the ticket.

I'm only 20 and I've been pulled over:

11 times

3 tickets

2 reduced to seatbelts

1 'imprudent speed' :(

I regret to say i've paid well over $700 for parking tickets at college.. That's because of my own stupidity. [parking in faculty lots]

My brother barely topped me with 13 pull overs.. however NOT 1 ticket!

[[and now he's a cop]] haha

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

I've been pulled 5 times, ticketed twice.

1) Car: '84 Cutlass. Peeling out back in my hometown. It was on wet pavement. I was only 16. Oops. Officer let me go with a warning.

2) Car: '84 Cutlass. Turning left from the right lane through a red light. That was the allegation. In reality, it was much more innocent. I was in the lefthand turn lane behind someone. The traffic cleared and he never turned. This was in a crowded small town downtown, and the guy driving the car looked a bit shady, so I preferred not to honk my horn. I backed up and proceded to just go around him and be on my way. The light turned yellow as I started through, so I continued. As luck always has it, there was a cop ON THAT CORNER. :rolleyes: She pulled me over and I explained the situation. She checks my record (clean as a whistle) and lets me go. My car (as always) was clean as a wish, a 1st place show car, and we chatted a while and I went on my way. I was 21.

3) Car: '84 Cutlass. This one was legit. My friend and I were coming back from a local cruise night and driving through a country back road. There's a hairpin s-turn and I powerslide out of the last one and really let it open up. I got up to about 70 and let off and start coasting (speed limit 45). As luck would have it (again), there was a county mounty just sitting there over the rise. I've never seen a cop out in the country, but there he was. I pulled over so fast, he barely had enough room to turn his cruiser around and pull behind me. I knew he had me. He said the richies out there were complaining about all the bikes going 100 through there (college kids) and he just had to write me up. I didn't blame him -- I was speeding plain as day. I was 22 I think.

4) Car: '87 Buick Regal. This one was bone head. Complete bone head. I had just put a new exhaust system on the car after I had dumped an Olds 403 into it. I had to take my friend out to "try it out". We lived on the end of this street that pretty much pointed straight downhill. I backed out of the drive and peeled a wheel and zoomed up the street. As luck would have it (this pesky luck keeps coming into play), there were a few cops in the neighborhood on a "gunshot" call (was really firecrackers). He was at the top of the hill and pretty much watched me peel out and tear up the street. He was pretty suspicious (thought we might have a gun, etc), and checked the car out. He figured out that were just a few dumb kids who made a mistake and let us on our way (after he questioned us about gunshots).

5) Car: '97 SLS. On my way to Arkansas for a family reunion at Thanksgiving time. I was 10 hours into the 11 hour drive. Drove though this little po-dunk down called Hayti, MO. It's one of those little farm towns that's laid out in a grid. Once you past the last cross street, the scenery turns into fields and it's wide open again. Ambient speed limit was 55, speed limit through town was 25. I was following this tractor going about 15-20 through town and after the last cross street, when the road opened back up, I proceded to pass him. Well, AS IT TURNS OUT, the town limits go another few hundred yards PAST that last cross street and the limit was, you guessed it, 25 all the way out there. They pulled me, for 37 in a 25. Unlike Virginia's finest, these guys weren't looking to be reasonable, that I made an honest mistake, and didn't really put anyone in danger. He saw that I was from 400 miles away, driving a shiny Cadillac from out of town, and that this was going to be an easy 70 bucks. <_>

That's my story(s) and I'm stickin' to 'em!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I can't even begin to count all the tickets I've had. I used to go to court on each one and take a chance the cop wouldn't show up and the ticked would be dismissed. Other times I'd plead "broken speedometer". That was blown out of the water one time in court when about 30 people in front of me had a "broken speedometer". Now I just add em to my monthly bills. Lets see: gotta pay the gas, electric, house payment, car payment, oh yeah, the police payment. haha

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

;) I have been pulled over atleast 12 times....

3 speeding tickets in excess of 20mph(once going 100 in a 70)

3 seatbelts

1 BS ticket-something like "improper start from a parked position"

Most of them I have were aquired in my late teens and 20's...

I have to say, since getting my caddie-no tickets...I try not to break the law

anymore-just the occasional fracture!!!!

I guess i'm the lucky one here....i thought being pulled over 3 times was much. I have been pulled over 3 times and all 3 were warnings, luckily..I was going abou 10-15 over when i got pulled over so i do consider myself a little lucky

I've been pulled over twice, gotten two tickets:

1) The downtown of a small city (~25000 people) there is a very steep hill. I didnt brake as much as I should have and of course there was a cop parked on a side street about halfway down the hill. He pulled out and followed me until I got to the edge of the downtown area, then the lights went on. 74kmph in a 50 but he reduced it to 60 so I wouldnt get any points. $40

2) 'Unsafe move'. Apparently I was pretty much asleep. I stopped at a red light and when no one was coming, I made my left turn, as if the light was just a stop sign. Of course there is a TimHortons on that corner so there were cops just coming out with their coffee when they saw me. I should also mention that this was in the middle of the day, at the [usually] most buisy intersection in town. $110

My favourite story to tell was with my friends in a 94 sunbird. We were leaving the movies with the top down. Apparently my friend driving thought he was xXx (from the movie we'd seen) and was going pretty quick through town. We passed a cop going the other way, and we saw him hit the brakes. We made a right turn before we saw him turn around, and it wasnt until a couple minutes later a car caught up to us. "must be trying to race us" haha of course the roof lights came on. "You were driving 110 in that 50 zone......". We ended up getting only a warning as it was around midnight and no one was out on the streets. :D

-Chris

Oh, I have another good story. Back in about 1990, I had my 89 Seville and a friend of mine had a brand new 90 BMW. He decided he didn't want his Bimmer after only having it a couple of months. The dealer here wouldn't give him anything for it, so we called around and a BMW dealer in Houston offered a fair price. We decided to drive both our cars to Houston, sell his and drive back in my Seville. Driving between Dallas and Houston, we ran into a couple of Camaros with blacked out windows. We all started racing. My Seville would only go 124mph. We raced for about an hour...It was very fun and exciting. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere came about 10 highway patrol cars. Pulled us all over and started searching our cars for drugs. The 2 camaros were undercover police. They thought we were running drugs because we were 2 kids in expensive cars. Anyway, we didn't get a ticket or anything.

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

WOW Jeff! You got lucky on that one!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Clean as a whistle. Been driving for 25+ years. Oh ya, there was one for no seat belt about 20 years ago and one for running a red about 23 years ago. The only light in town. Still had the beer glass from the bar betwwen my legs.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

just one,

heavy traffic light started changing quicker than I thought it would,

I'm sure it was still yellow when I passed through....it was one of those lights were if I stopped i'd been in the middle of the intersection,

anyway, I was polite, it was close, and I had a clear record, figured I'd get a warning,

BUT NO SIR!

$95 later I was on my way... :angry:

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

the one that really caused the E52.....

E52?...

Was that what I got when I was pulled over, clocked at 131? That was still in fourth BTW, fifth was getting close.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

I got pulled over in a Mall in my '73 Stang for playing my CD too loud (I was crank'in "Zebrahead"). It was the first pretty Spring day of the year, and having a 700-watt RMS stereo didn't help..... Anyway, the sheriff asked for my license and after figuring out I was forty three years old, asked if I was a little old for that ? I shrugged my shoulder and stated what I nice day it was. He wrote me a warning and I have framed in my study at home, at my wife's dismay...

Then, a year ago, the neighborhood police pull me over in my 2002 SS Camaro (Monsoon stereo), for the same thing. It was a Friday night, and I don't think he liked the rap music so much. He told me to tone it down so the old ladies in the neighgborhood could sleep. I pleaded with him to give me another warning ticket, but he just let me go....

My wife has given up on me,....but my teenage kids think I'm cooool.....

post-3-1078291262.jpg

In March -01 I was stopped for speeding an lost my drivers licence for a month.

Here in Sweden it´s insane laws for speeding. :angry:

I mean that you can drive like crap and get away with it because it is no money in busting a guy for neglecting the right hand rule in cities. But there is easy money in getting a guy for speeding (using cameras mounted by the road or mounted in white vans parked in the bushes etc..)

I was driving in my -87 Volvo 740 with 117 bhp heading home after a hard day at the office. The sun was shining an I felt good, turned up the stereo listening to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. The road was a completely new built motorway announced as the safest in Sweden (animal fences, barriers between the north/southgoing lanes, crossings in different levels etc).

The speed limit was 55 mph in the winter and 68 in the summer.

This way has 1 or 2 lanes in each direction (3 lanes all the time but alternating directions) so when it´s 2 lanes you have to hurry to pass slower vehicles if you don´t want to get stuck behind someone driving 45 mph...

The speed limit was 55 mph in the winter and 68 in the summer, of course it was the winter speed...10 days later it was summer speed :blink:

I hurried to pass some vehicles...including a undercover traffic police.

They stopped me and took my drivers licence (for speeding at 82 mph on a 55 mph road at a distance of 550 yards) and gave me a ticket for 2000 swedish crowns (

The place I was speeding was in the middle of xxx nowhere on a 2 mile straight...the nearest house was almost 1 mile away!

The best part is that when it was time for me to pay my new car insurance after I got back my licence, all the car insurance companies wanted to have about 40% more money for the insurance because I´ve only had my licence since 2001...

It didn´t matter that I´ve had my licence since -92 and haven´t had an accident at all...

Can you believe it?

Ps. All you have to do here to loose youre drivers licence is to exceed the speed limit with 19 mph...

BENTHAM ARE YOU AN INSURANCE AGENT???

Just curious!!

I always obey all the traffic laws when driiving...VBG Sometimes a slip of the lip could sink a ship!! I'll take the 5th on this question.. I repeat I always obey the law..Just for the record...Or should I say i don't recall..

Cheers

Jim

I've gotten 8 tickets and 5 accidents.

Tickets

1) 74 in a 55, Nice summer day. little 2 lane back road, long straight road w/ noone in sight. accept that car that just pulled out about 1mi. down the road. didn't look like a cop until his lights went on.

2) 65 in a 55,

3) Rolling through a stop sign. I came almost to a stop and when the only car I saw was one about 1/4mi down on my left I kept going and made my right turn. Well it ended up being a cop and he got me. Let me go for doing 65 down a 55 though so I lucked out. or so I thought

4) 65 i na 55, about a week later I'm driving down the 2 lane highway, nice summer day, great visability, straight. passed a cop going the other direction. he swings around and picks me up. come to find out its the same one that gave me the stopsign last week. Needless to say he wan't happy. He remembered me.

5) Failure to obay sign. I stopped at a tiny little intersection in the middle of a small town (500) and looked both ways. well what I didn't see was the motorcycle that was comming from my right. it was hidden behind the minivan when I looked. well I pulled out and he clipped my front fender. Everyone was ok but I felt bad. I guess he had just picked up the bike about 2 blocks up the road and was driving it home.

6) 85 in 65, about a 5 days after the above one. but officer was nice enough to cut it down to only 19 over. didn't help...still had too many points and lost my license

ACCIDENTS

1) rubbed a truck up against a tree... totaly screwed it up

2) rearended a Grand AM in a Suburban doing 40. he bounced off my front end. but everyone ok. didn't do anything to the Suburban.

3) Rolled a mini-van, no seat belt, walked away, VERY LUCKY ME

4) Hit the bike from above.

5) Got side swipped in my car. Wasn't my fault this time.

All in all I also lost my license for 60 days.. believe me it sucked. And my insurance for a beater was outragous.. so I had to slow down. Can't afford it anymore.

the one that really caused the E52.....

E52?...

Was that what I got when I was pulled over, clocked at 131? That was still in fourth BTW, fifth was getting close.

E52 is "Loss of keep-alive memory..."....LOL

.Back when this happened, it was well before on board computers, or even hand held calculators. Shoot, I was in college, still using a slide rule. It looks like the "E52" explanation for this officer didn't stand a chance, as it hadn't been invented yet.

I remember when he walked up to my Alfa, the first thing he said was "Do you have any idea how fast you were going?!" My reply was, "Well, since this speedo reads in KPH, I'm really not sure....why don't you tell me?" He said " 'I CLOCKED YOU AT 131 MPH!!"..uh...OK..."Just what do you think you were doing out here??"

Well...I had just finished tuning a 1966 Alfa Romeo Guilia Sprint GTA..A little light weight all aluminum (1700lb) 2 Liter twin cam coupe, that put out around 200hp @7500 RPM in it's present state. It was for all intents and purposes, a street legal race car brought back from Italy by an engineer I knew, that returned from a project there. He drove it for a few years, and decided to sell it to me, as I had four other Alfa's '57-64's, and knew them pretty well. I spent a summer restoring it (it's now 1972) and completely went through the engine and tranny, a nice ZF close ratio 5 speed, not common in those days. It got the motor all balanced and up to two liters, and had Dima Elgin of Redwood City do the head work and cams. Rejetted the Weber 44 DCOE's, claened up the headers (stock!) a few other goodies, and it was one FAST little car.

One spring afternoon, during break, I was home at my folks, (where all my cars were stashed), and proceeded to mess some more with those Webers. I got things to where I thought they might be solid, but I needed a place to run it out. There was this new empty freeway in the SFO bay area (can you believe it?), "280". On a tues, afternoon, there was never anybody out there. There wasn't anybody out there most of the time anyway, as "Silicon Valley" was not even a concept yet, and the south bay area was still mostly orchards...So...I fire the bad boy up, proceed to roll on Goodyear racing slicks (I autocrossed this thing, and ran it in SCCA Pacific Coast regionals). Ok, I'm conservatively coming up the ramp at 'Miramonte' down towards Palo Alto and Menlo Park. I cruise at legal speed on Sunoco 260 and Av gas (we're talking 12.5:1) looking for CHP's...Nope, NOBODY out there. I get off at Sand Hill Road, get back on looking around...Ok, I drop the hammer...1st..7500...2nd...7500..third, fourth, the 280KPH speedo is now a little over 200...I'm looking at the gauges and straight ahead at the same time..when something caught my eye..A big black and white Dodge Polara 440 (what the CHP's were running at the time) RIGHT ON MY BUTT!! The officer inside is gesturing with his left arm and hand to GET OVER!! (This is while the xmas tree lights are on but no si-reeen) I wave an 'OK!' at the guy, and back off the throttle. ..(Never got it into fifth, and I still had some revs to go..) I pull over, shut it down, roll down the window and just sit there, paperwork in hand.

The question as stated before way back, got the same answer as this story. After he converts KPH to MPH, (but NOT buying that lame excuse) asks me if I know what they'll do to me if he writes me up as measured..."Uh, no"... "I'll have to impound this car, and take you in and book you."..Dead silence. "Where is your house, what exit?" He asks. "Oh, my folks place is two exits from here in, Los Altos Hills, just down the road!!' Hint-hint, hope-hope.. Mr CHP tells me "Look. I'm going to follow you back to your parents place, and watch you park this thing. It's almost the end of my shift, and I don't feel like calling a tow truck, and taking you all the way to San Jose, OK? " Continuing, "I know what this car looks like, it's the only one around, and if I see you out here again with these tires on it or even 1mph over you'll go in for sure, understand??" "Yessirr!" I then asked if I could ask him something..."WHAT??".."Uh, I drove all around looking for you, and to make sure the road was clear..I went back and forth..Where were you?" "Where did you come from???"

He just smiled and said nothing.

The guy followed me home, after handing me a ticket for 85+...I had to appear in court for that one, and it was 250 bucks, there equivalent of a weeks pay or more in those days.

It's hard to remember exactly, but my grand total of tickets is around seven. All speeding...No wrecks. :ph34r:

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived