CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Has anyone had good experience with CARMAX?

96DeVille

Just went to carmax today today to get an appraisal as to how much they would pay for my car. They said that they don't sell Cadillacs in their lots because they have too many problems. Also, he said that the values are extremely low that they do give for appraisals because they just turn around and sell them at auctions. The price that they gave me was an insult to me and my car!

By the way, if anyone is interested, my car is for sale, check out the "For Sale" section of this site.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/662481

post-3-1124309948_thumb.jpg

Umm - lets see. You took an almost 10 year old luxury car that's had several modifications to a car dealer whose stock in trade is late-model low mileage cars. I'm not at all surprised that they gave you a low offer on it. Many dealers might have just declined to give you an offer on it at all.

It looks like you've got a nice car there, but your pool of prospective buyers is going to be limited. I wouldn't hold anything against Carmax.

They said they buy back vehicles dating back 10 years and earlier, but said Cadillacs have too many problems. They also sell cars with miles higher than 90k, which I think would not be "low mileage".

They said they buy back vehicles dating back 10 years and earlier, but said Cadillacs have too many problems. They also sell cars with miles higher than 90k, which I think would not be "low mileage".

I do not think Cadillacs have more problems than other used American cars. Nevertheless, the cost of fixing those problems may be higher than an average if you do not fix them yourself.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

well i took my '93 STS w/ 40k on new engine (but 117k on speedometer) & they were only willing 2 give me $1500k, :angry: i was like thanks but no thanks, i'll sell it privately thank u!

Pimpin' In My Black 'Lac

. . . .  they were only willing 2 give me $1500k

Well I don't know about you, but I think a million and a half is a pretty good offer. :D

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Sweet looking car though . . . .

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Of course Carmax sells Cadillacs. There are about 20 CTSes near me:

http://www.carmax.com/dyn/searchengine/sea...Japanese=5&PriceLab

That link may or may not work, but go to Carmax.com and check it out for your area.

I think the adjuster was just jealous of your car and told you a story.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived