CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

03 CTS in Trouble

rortiz172

Hi,

My car is idling very low around 7000rpms w/ check engine light. I pulled codes and they are stating "random misfire" Recent activity: Tension pulley fried and serpentine belt was ripped to shreds. Belt ripped wire from oil pressure sensor and pulled a vacuum hose off. I replaced pulley, belt , vacuum hose back on, and rigged wire to sensor for now. I have to order female connector for oil pressure sensor.

I just got it back from a local shop where the mechanic replaced all spark plugs but it did not fix it. Mechanic said I didn't have the proper plugs to begin and figured it would fix my problem.

Any ideas ???

Dealer is next stop!!

rortiz172,

Sorry to hear of your bad 'luck'. I have been chasing that code on my Chrysler 300m. It shuts the car down for 15 min or so, then restarts no problem. Replaced battery per dealer advice. Still happens very randomly... keep me posted on your success.

good luck

I'm not very farmiliar with the motor in your CTS, but doesn't it have crank triggered ignition like most of the newer GM's do? :unsure: If so, the sensor and connector which is usually right near the pulley on the crank may have gotten damaged by the torn serp. belt. It may be difficult to see or diagnose, but that's my best guess... ;)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Yeah, it is <=700 RPM, which isn't normal for my car. The plug wires haven't been replaced, only the plugs. After waiting 5hrs at the dealer to take a look at it, I'm taking it home to see if I can find the crank near the pulley! Hopefully I'll be able to find the problem.

A bad serpentine belt CAN cause a PO300. Seen it....

Typically on flood cars or cars that have sit for a while...its the belt that sets up..

Archived