CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Oooohhhh it came in the mail today...

Logan

Looks like a plug and play on the used DTS cluster for the fake DTS.

Thank god...hate the base Deville electonic cluster. Hate the digital read out...I like to see the speedo needle in the corner of my eye..

Pictures to follow...

Maybe this will work.....picture of the new DTS cluster.

Very near is a spare digital one I bought for $40.

post-3-1118204707_thumb.jpg

Part by part. I dont know if you know....those darn front fog light DTS bumpers are hard to find......

It apperas the DTS cluster is plug and is a display unit....we'll see....

It probably is a plug and play maybe you will have to activate an option with the tech 2 I have been driving my wifes 05 deville(base) The inst. cluster insn't that bad I just can't get used of the shifter on the steering colum..Mines in the shop so I will be using hers a couple days

Good Luck

Jim

I needed a front Deville DTS fog lamp one. The rears are easy to find. Found a front DTS one about a month ago for $50.

Playtime98.....thanks for the eBay lead. Thats the second DTS bumper I've seen on eBay. I have the first one....

With your new cluster, what happens to your mileage?

Do you reverse the ravages of time and lower your mileage :o

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

At some point in time....the cluster mileage will have to be reprogrammed. This can be done at a DELCO radio/speedometor shop.

Maybe 5 minutes to do....

Yes, the car has 115k.....the 'new' DTS one is showing 25K. Hmmmmm ship now out of state?

The DTS cluster DOES work. Much nicer display then the stock Deville unit.

Thats good to know because I might buy a rental car Deville someday.

I love the look of that new cluster compared to the old one.

Is it the same one as the 98+ STS?

No....I dont think its the same.....I think it is Deville specfic.

Real happy with the new DTS cluster.

And here is the DTS one. You can also see the window I had to cut on the bezel for the upper reflective display to work.

Also note the start up script '2001 Cadillac DTS.' This message can be programmed with a Tech 2. You can have it display any message up to 17 letters.

post-3-1118764355_thumb.jpg

while shopping for the new dhs last week, saw several DHS's with the deville digital dash! it is an option, but the question is....why? I am guessing at the end of the build cycle they ran out of analog clusters.....one guy at one dealer was surprised the DHS came that way, another dealer said they had never seen one ordered that way......

Technically....they can be swapped in the same dash opening.

But they wont work.

The 92-97 have the HVAC controls as part of the cluster.

96-97 have them by the radio.

Also...96-97 models used OBDII programming. Very different electrical system used versus the earlier 92-95 models. LOTS of the harness changed.

I'm not saying it CANT be done. Time is $$$. How much you got?

You can also see the window I had to cut on the bezel for the upper reflective display to work.

I'm intrigued by the "window" you had to cut in the bezel. Would you care to offer details?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

The upper part of the display.....is reflected off the cluster lens....the part that is displaying in digital '0' MPH and the condition of the trans selector PRNDSL.

Its a floating display.

Archived