CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CRAYON ON THE REAR DOOR LEATHER!!

PAUL T

My artistic 7 year old daughter decided to color the tan leather on the rear passenger door with purple crayon. :angry: The purple does match the exterior but does not look very good on the tan door. <_< What can I use to clean it off without harming the leather? :( Anybody else had this problem? :blink:

My artistic 7 year old daughter decided to color the tan leather on the rear passenger door with purple crayon. :angry: The purple does match the exterior but does not look very good on the tan door. <_< What can I use to clean it off without harming the leather? :( Anybody else had this problem? :blink:

When i bought my car there was crayon on my door in almost the exact same place as ur describing and i just used leather cleaner and from what i remember i had no problems getting it off. Good luck

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Try warming the area with a hair dryer and then wiping the crayon off with a fabric asoftener sheet. My daughter wrote on her bedroom wall with crayon and I used that trick and it wiped right off and left no trace of the crayon.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Crayon should come off easily. I would think any number of things would take it off, Hot soap and water, "Googone", lighter fluid, kerosene, naptha just to name a few and I doubt any would harm the leather.

• 3 weeks later...

On a long road trip, our three year old daughter was saying her name over and over again in the back seat. When we turned around we found she was pretending to sign her name with a crayon on the cloth seats. I think she used up about half the crayon on those seats. We ended up using an iron and paper towels to pull the wax out of the cloth. Just place the paper towel over the crayon markes and use the iron to melt the crayon marks. The paper towel will soak up the hot wax. Good as new.

First...

Take a picture for future use when the eventual "teenager issues" come about. It may take another 7-years but keep it around - trust me on this one.

About 7-years (or maybe 14-years, or even 21 years) later on, bring it up again for a good laugh. :P

Almost any cleaner will do but the picture is priceless... :rolleyes:

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

BTW a warm (not hot) iron and paper towel works well with candle wax and rugs... dont ask! So I wouldn't see why that wont work on what you need to do.. good luck.

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Guys....guys....SADDLE SOAP! I tell you, all you need is saddle soap. You can find it at the nearest co-op. It cleans everything, and conditions the hell out of your leather.

Life is too short to grow up!

Archived