CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CaddyInfo Observation

Scotty

I know this has been said before, but I want to say it again. I love this group.

There are so many reasons why this group keeps my interest.

1) I have loved Cadillac's since I was a kid.

2) I love the Northstar, 4.9, 429....

3a) I loved my 91 Seville

3b) I love my 96 Deville and am longing for an STS.

4) I love doing my own work, and have a basic distrust of shops from the standpoint of honesty and competence

5) I love helping people, it gives me great satisfaction

6) I am a computer nut using a computer 12 hours a day in my own business, and have built every computer I have owned,

7) That I am a computer nut, is another reason I love Cadillac with its on-board diagnostics.

8) I have developed friends here, that know me entirely different than anyone else I know, when I try to explain happenings on this board with my family or friends I get blank stares, its difficult for family and friends to understand how good you feel having helped someone diagnose and fix a problem, its too abstract for them

9) The best part is the knowledge base of information that you acquire from participating regularly from all of these interactions, its like sharpening a knife...

Today I have begun to notice that as a whole, as a knowledge base, this group continues to get stronger and stronger. I just want to say thanks to you all for making this such a valuable resource, its amazing. This group has become quite a family in itself and the way we all interact is incredible, I for one want to say Thanks to everyone involved.

Thank YOU for your participation!

One reason this board is so strong is that it has a core of knowlegable regulars such as yourself.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Thank you but there are so many talented people here that as a whole create an incredible volume of knowledge. That is what makes this board so amazing. Plus, the respect shown each other regardless of experience, skill level, mistakes, age is what I like the best. I have said before that that board goes through cycles and its self purging in a way..

I find that as a body of knowledge, thanks to all of the gurus, we are pretty strong and diverse, and someone is always able to tackle a problem regardless of what it is.

Scotty, I really feel honored, by being a part of this group. Needless to say, you are one of the most active and definitely most helpful of all. I just hope we all grow to be 100 and still be a part of this group. Long live CaddyInfo...

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

What a perfect way to put it Scotty.

I'm saying thank you to anybody who has helped me and more importantly, my car! and continue to do so.

It truly is an amazing forum consisting of cars and people.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

I know this has been said before, but I want to say it again. I love this group.

Ah, geeeezzz Scotty...we love you too.. :lol::lol:;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

8) I have developed friends here, that know me entirely different than anyone else I know, when I try to explain happenings on this board with my family or friends I get blank stares, its difficult for family and friends to understand how good you feel having helped someone diagnose and fix a problem, its too abstract for them

I get that a lot too. I love learning about stuff I would never think about such as the mating of 2 metals that was just recently discussed. No where else can you go and have such talented people tell you in simple words how everything goes together and how to diagnose something.

Spence

BTW Spence....how is the Eldo coming along.....You bought it from a good friend of ours in Springfield.....After he had problems with it , he didn't know how to sell it.... I turned him onto our board and bingo..the rest is history

Russ

Great post Mike.....You've helped me out quite a bit also....And yes...it is a good feeling helping others...keep it up

Russ

I've known Bruce online for 8 years now. I'm so very grateful for all that he does, with this site. I wonder Cadillac knows of the tremendous asset they have in him, with this.

Thank-you Bruce. This is a good thing. And it's here because of you.

cheers,

~Doc

I've known Bruce online for 8 years now. I'm so very grateful for all that he does, with this site. I wonder Cadillac knows of the tremendous asset they have in him, with this.

Thank-you Bruce. This is a good thing. And it's here because of you.

cheers,

~Doc

Ditto, I have been thinking that its time for me to send money! :lol:

This is a terrific group! Love this board.... thanks Bruce. And thanks Mr. Scott. The strut bar bushings have settled in and all has been quiet. As I've said to you before "She's running so good I'm almost afraid to drive her." I need to do a mileage check but lately I've only been making short trips and a lot of 2nd gear romps to compensate. A hearty thanks goes out to all that have helped me save mucho dinero. :)

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I make a motion we vote Scotty off this board. I am a little distraught now that it has come to my attention he is a 'Donny Osmond' impersonator...

Think SO?

post-3-1116006640.jpg

Hey, now, Scotty made it perfectly clear to one and all that the only reason he is morphing into a Donnie lookalike is in his deperate attempt to nail a Marie lookalike. :rolleyes:

post-3-1116016008.gif

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Scotty, ya gotta' admit, there is a similarity there!

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

:D Also, the Mormon Church is looking forward to receiving their standard 25% annual income donation, Scotty.

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

:lol::lol::lol: If I showed you a side profile im a dead ringer! :o NOW I understand why women that look like Marie aren't attracted to me! He is pretty dorky looking! :lol: THANKS GUYS for setting me straight :lol:

I know this has been said before, but I want to say it again.  I love this group. 

Ah, geeeezzz Scotty...we love you too.. :lol::lol:;)

:)

BIG Group hug :):):)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Mr Scott, I want to thank you for getting a lock on me and beaming me up from that god for saken world of alien mechanics back to the mother ship that is this board. All you guys are great, and you Mike are a tremendous asset to this little community we all share. I to have the same issue in that no one gets it but us guys here. I am the kind of person that is always looking over his shoulder, but I must admit I feel different here. We all share the same common interest. We all realize that no matter if the info we pass to one another is 25% right or 100% right we are just trying to help each other. That is what counts, we just want to help one another. I myself live by a different rule, unless I'm 100% positive about something I'd rather keep quiet. I just feel that there are so many here that are much smarter then I when it comes to trouble shooting these cars that I should remain silent and thought igorant than speek and remove all doubt. Be assured though, if I can help someone I will. I have not had much time to be here today, Fridays are very busy at work. Tonight I had to go out and only just returned. I want to look over the board and see if I missed anything. My car was right on the money tonight, my foot has been a little heavy but I can't help it. I mixed it up with a pretty fancy chevy tonight, I saw red line two times and that's all it took. I remember thinking to my self "Holy Crap I don't believe that". I don't think he believed it either. I need that flowmaster exhaust system, tires and I'm even thinking new rims. I want to make it look a little more like I feel when I'm driving it. I think you guys know what I mean by that. You guys here are the reason my car kicked butt tonight. We all beat the snot out of that Monte tonight. Feel good guys, I do. Mike this was a great post you started. I could not agree any more then what I do about all the things you said. It's very nice of you to relay your feelings to us all. It gives us a chance to not trouble shoot for a bit and look at the reality of us all here. Thanks Mike and Thanks to All here.

Scotty, great post... my feelings exactly.

Some day, I may be able to acquire my next love: a CTS-V.

Until that day, I will remain an avid reader of this forum and participant when possible.

Most of you folks have much newer and more complex Caddys than I do but many of you have had experiences in the past with the one I have presently.

This is a neat little family and with Bruce as the daddy and brothers like Scotty, Guru and Cardio-doc (the #1 Caddy wheel seller on eBay) among others, we can all learn how to keep our gems shining and running right.

Thanks to all of you for a great learning forum as well as a teriffic source of entertainment for me and many others like me.

Mike P

Please don't throw stones, but I have a Pathfinder also - its in Mexico since a Caddie is the WRONG car for that place - anyways:

The Pathfinder board is a big bore! This one ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted a complaint there about my Pathfinder only hitting a hundred or so - and got slammed with disparaging remarks - here I'd get chided for not going fast enough!

Keep it coming!

Archived