CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Aux Cassette adaptability with ‘88 Brougham and other ?’s

I just recently got a 1988 Brougham and I was curious on whether or not a cassette aux cord would work with it? If so what brand would you recommend. I had one I loved for a while with my previous car but I’ve lost it and can’t recall the brand. It’s my first Caddy so really any tips and tricks regarding the car will be greatly appreciated.

I have an adapter that works through the antenna rather than having to use a cassette. It works a little better than the cassette adapter and is not bad to hook up. Is this something you might be interested in? I bought 2 for my Caddys but am very picky so I do not use them. I just do without.

I have had several GMs of that era and never had a problem. They do not work as well to me with my 97s though. Yours still has the standalone radio unit iirc which they work best on. 

Look up iSimple Radio Mod.    Works with MP3, I Pod, 3.5mm aux. Just not bluetooth. I believe I have the antenna adapters as well because GM ran the smaller antenna ends in that era

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

• 1 month later...