CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bumper questions on my 1997 Seville

Hi All. Hope everyone is well.

I am sending my 97 Seville to the body shop in a week. I am having the front bumper, spoiler, and mirrors repainted, and I stripped everything today. 

I had a few questions regarding the front bumper if anyone might know.

There are 2 push clips, 1 on each side that retain the bumper cover to the bumper. They have a larger head than the normal ones, a thicker area that fits into the hole in the cover, but the same push style hole size in the bumper. (I will try to post a pic) I cannot find them anywhere.

And I am torn on the chrome. I was wondering if anyone re-chromes plastic trim. They are showing signs of wear, some light scratches, and a few bubbles.

Thanks to anyone who may have any info

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Well... I never did get a picture of the clip. It looks like the one pictured but at the top the clip is larger to fill the hole size on the bumper.  The hole size that it clips into is the same.

I am excited as I dropped it off today to be painted this week. I see no reason why it is not worth the investment. I will for sure post a few pics when it is all done

clip.jpg

GM FAN FOREVER

Didn't see them in the '94 manual. Most stores will only carry the very basic ones. 

You might have some luck here or at least get an idea of size your looking for. They do sell push clips.....look under 'products'. I buy some from them in bulk. 

http://www.non-ferrousfastener.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6uOA_db3-gIVgxTUAR18OgVqEAAYASAAEgJwV_D_BwE

Or you can try Hillman Group...

https://shop.hillmangroup.com/ccrz__ProductList?categoryId=a0K4W00000ZiHTqUAN&cclcl=en_US

I couldn't find them on  GMs site either. I looked hard. Never even mentions them. Car is a virgin though. Nothing seemed to have been touched before other than one of the chrome trims I replaced over 10 years ago

GM FAN FOREVER

• 4 weeks later...

Well I could not find the clips anywhere. I ended up reusing the original one. Were ok as I carefully removed them.

Got car put away night before salt and brine went down on the roads. Hope it looks as good when I pull it out in the spring.

1114222044a.jpg

1114222045.jpg

1114222045a.jpg

GM FAN FOREVER