CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Strange sensor found in right front end

D-Rail

I just purchase a 1996 Sedan Deville from a tow yard. I had great luck a few years back buying a 1993 Deville from a tow yard and loved it. Found this one a purchased it a weekend or two ago. Been doing some mild tune ups such as oil change and plugs. Recently I was looking under the right front end of my bumper and found something wrapped in a plastic bag and zip ties to what appears to be the power steering cooling line. It looks like a sensor of some sort. I have never seen anything like it before and my original thought was it had to do with the transmission fluid because a tiny bit of pink fluid was in the tip. I have no clue where it goes but the cable isn’t more than a foot or two. Anyone know anything and can you help me ?? The engine and transmission run great and there are no engine lights on the dash. It has a threaded fitting on the end and two wires that go to a plug. I have photos but have no clue how to add them to the thread. I’ve never used a forum before. 

That is my favorite year. I am sure someone will chime in, is probably power steering or trans related. A pressure switch of some kind

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

My thought was the same about it having to do with power steering, but I have never seen anything like it. I’m more familiar with the 4.9L I had in my 1993 DeVille. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks! I look forward to the memories with this newer body style and the north star motor

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any chance you can see a part number on it?

It does not look familiar to me... Wait. Does your caddy have RSS? Look at the right front strut. See if the sensor is there. 

The struts may have been replaced and they left the sensor plugged into the harness. I will try and post a pic.

The sensor would be located on the strut down toward the base, on the side facing the engine. Plug comes out the side, wire goes up the strut and over toward the front.

If you do a quick search for ARNOTT SK2167  there is a few good pictures that show the sensor. There should be one at each corner suspension. If you are getting a Service Ride Control Message let me know

GM FAN FOREVER

I too....am curious. 

Anyway....looked at the Arrnott pics....close. 

I did see a original (used) GM set on eBay. But these are like '99 and newer. But close.

It would be interesting...is one tied up on the other side too?

Maybe the body harness was replaced at some point. 

I'm used to the ones the have the connection at the top. I don't have any '95-96 service manuals. '93-94 yes....1998 and newer yes. 

strut2.JPG

Thanks a lot! I will have to take a look tonight. I do not have any service messages on the dash and the ride is smooth. I will check if the suspension has a replacement and if it is the same on other sides. I’ll let you know what I find! 

Thanks for the pic, better than I could find. I am thinking they just routed them there to trick the system into thinking the strut is still present. 

GM FAN FOREVER