CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I'm experiencing a crank, but no start on my 1996 Cadillac Deville. The car was running previously and it stalled in traffic out of nowhere to which it would no longer start again, I was able to get it towed back home. I checked the fuel pressure when turning the key to the ON position, not START and it goes up to 10psi and then drops to zero within about a second. I am also not receiving any DTC codes pointing me to any issues. From my research I found that 3 of the main problems could be the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, or the fuel filter.

I am looking for some help and some tips to help me further my investigation into pinpoint what the actual problem could be.

Any ideas?

Welcome to CaddyInfo.

Sure sounds like a fuel pump issue.

Have someone cycle the key on and listen to the pump. Should run for 3 seconds when key is cycled on. Do not mistake the Air ride compressor which comes on after the pump.

If pump sounds weak or funny tap on the tank and watch the gauge. 

You may likely have a burnt pigtail to the Fuel pump module which is why it stalled out. And why the fuel pressure only went to 10. When the pump comes on the connection heats up and is lost.

38-42 psi should be good. Should hold for a short while

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile