CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1998 Deville 4.6l base. won't start with new fuel pump, new fuel filter and good pressure to fuel rail

I had an issue about a week ago where the car stuttered and stalled. I have replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter. I have what appears to be good pressure at the test port. It just turns over and won't start, Injector fuses are good I can see voltage across them. Where do I go from here? I only have today to solve, must work tomorrow.

Do you have any DTCs (Diagnostic trouble codes) showing?  Better to diagnose than to just throw parts at it.

If I had to guess though it's the fuel pressure regulator.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Ok this may sound stupid but I see ways you checked for fuel, but have you verified spark?

Does fuel pump prime when key is cycled on? Do not confuse it with the air ride compressor. Fuel pump comes on first, then shortly after the compressor.

Is the security light staying on? any message on dash?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I have not verified spark, to do so I should pull plug wire and using a screwdriver lay close to frame point and attempt to start car, watch for spark during start attempt?

All 8 spark plugs were replaced today, I'm surprised the car ran with the look of them. recommended for this engine is .050 inch, the old ones were at .080 or more.

Does it chug? Or anything other than just spin over

Does the fuel pump prime when the key is cycled on?

I would try a spritz of starter fluid into the throttle body and see if it fires. 

You can pull the vacuum line off the top of the regulator. (driver side) rear of engine at rail). I am not leaning toward the regulator yet though without more info

GM FAN FOREVER

I would have suggested pulling codes but with a drained battery it can cause random codes. Charge or replace battery, clear codes, retry

GM FAN FOREVER