CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Pontiac Solstice

Scotty

Well at $20,000 I guess 177hp isn't considered underpowered but it would be nice to have an optional V6 with more power available! It was said that they compared it to the BMW Z4,  well why dont they make that comparison comparable with adding an optional V6 with a little MORE punch! It is just my opinion.........

I said that it would be ERRONEOUSLY compared to the BMW Z4 by our brainless press corps. The SIX cylinder Z4 begins at $41,300 (over 2X the cost of the Pontiac)..... so its NOT apples to apples. This car is more comparable to the Miata. The engine with VVT in this Pontiac is quite impressive

Convertible cars I’ve owned that had less than 150 hp, (and some less than 100..)

‘59 Porsche 356A

’59 MGA

’66 Triumph TR4a

’69 Triumph TR6

’57 Alfa Romeo Guilietta Spyder

’64 Alfa Romeo Guilia Spyder

‘67 Alfa Romeo Duetto (boat tail)

’63 VW Bug

’65 VW Karman Gia

’54 Ford

(there’s probably more, my brains fading.. :ph34r: )

ALL of them were an absolute blast to drive, the babes loved them… ;)

Who cares about magazine stats and arm chair drivers? 177hp in a finely tuned motor for a small good looking roadster is plenty for a good time!

Don’t knock ‘em till you’ve driven them…

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

I Get Your point! But you have to admit if there was an optional V6 that put out 40-50 more Horses for an extra few thousand you'd go for it wouldn't ya! Just like the new STS I wouldn't be able to buy the V6 model if I new that there was a V8 model Northstar out there with 80 or 90 more Hp! To some people size and power doesn't matter but to me it does! And I am not saying that GM should product a V6 powered solstice just for me, but that the 177hp 4 cyl is the main reason why it doesn't appeal to people like myself! Fords 05 Mustang comes with a Standard 210hp V6 that starts at $20,000 Why doesn't GM have a vehicle that can be compared to that anymore?

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Convertible cars I’ve owned that had less than 150 hp, (and some less than 100..)

‘59 Porsche 356A

’59 MGA

’66 Triumph TR4a

’69 Triumph TR6

’57 Alfa Romeo Guilietta Spyder

’64 Alfa Romeo Guilia Spyder

‘67 Alfa Romeo Duetto (boat tail)

’63 VW Bug

’65 VW Karman Gia

’54 Ford

(there’s probably more, my brains fading.. :ph34r: )

ALL of them were an absolute blast to drive, the babes loved them… ;)

Who cares about magazine stats and arm chair drivers? 177hp in a finely tuned motor for a small good looking roadster is plenty for a good time!

Don’t knock ‘em till you’ve driven them…

My uncle has a Nissan 350Z convertible with 300hp and that car was a blast to drive! Even though I was never behind the wheel!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Speaking of the engine in the Pontiac....car manufacturers can't put everything in the first model year of a car; what do they do the next year?

They figure the initial offering will sell well, due to the sheep effect, and then they can announce the 2nd (&3rd, etc.) year's improvements, probably including the bigger engine, selling many more cars then if they did everything in year one.

They should have put the LS6 motor in it that would have been sweet make it an option or something!!!!!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

"Any convertible car with less than 200hp is considered a Chick car in my books"........ :lol:

Huh...Well, maybe that's why I had NO PROBLEM getting all those 'chicks' into my <200 hp convertables..LOL

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

"Any convertible car with less than 200hp is considered a Chick car in my books"........ :lol:

Huh...Well, maybe that's why I had NO PROBLEM getting all those 'chicks' into my

Exactly......... too funny Bob.

post-3-1113776957_thumb.jpg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived