CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Activating the horn with the security system.

jndnaps

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make the horn beep when locking the doors with the rmt? The lights flash but I want to make the horn beep also.. This is actually for a friend. He has a 97 Seville STS.. I may want to do it on my 96 Deville also. I tried the archives but their not working for me.. So, Sorry if this has been asked a bunch.. Thanks, John

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

1996, was the first year for OBD II. Anything prior to that (i.e. 1995 and older is OBD I). This mean that you should be able to do it, as long as you can get into the right menu. On my car, if you scroll through the DIC, it wll get to a message that says "Feature Programming". Selecting this message, will bring you into a sub menu, that will allow you to do such things as turn on/off mirror to curb, remote memory recall, key in memory recall, horn activates at unluck/lock, lights flash at unlock/lock,...ect.

I'm not sure if this is the same setup onn the older body styles though, or even how to get into it. If your car has a menu similar to this, than you should be able to turn the stuff on or off.

I know it can be done on a 98 through the DIC. But not sure how to do it for a 97. There's probably a way to do it through the on board.. I just don't know and don't want to screw something up.. Anyone else know if this can be done????

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

Can't do it on my 97 STS ... you can get doors to lock in drive, lights to turn on, program in your seat and radio presets, but cannot get the horn to chirp, at least not with the standard DIC functions.

Maybe somone knows how to go deep into the menu to retrieve this feature, just like with the coolant readout?

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Archived