CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

“Passenger door open” Warning?

sprucegoose

So I have this electrical gremlin surfacing in the 09 CTS lately... Now it’s on all the time and it’s draining the battery. The doors are closed all the way, so there must be something wrong with the switch?

Is the switch integrated into the door latch mechanism? Was looking for a fuse for interior lights, so at least I could pull that out when I was parked... Any suggestions there? 

I also noticed when I go to lock my car with the remote it no longer gives me the beep and sets the alarm when I double click. That must be because the body controller assumes there is a door open. The only way I’ve found so far to keep from draining the battery is to leave the drivers side door slightly open when I park. Then it goes into battery saver mode.

any help or suggestions to track this down are appreciated! 

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Hi @sprucegoose I think Cadillac Jim should be able to shed some light on this, he probably has a manual for his CTS which should help.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Sure sounds like a door switch. Does it tell you one is open when you drive?

I am certain the switch is part of the latch

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Yes, it says “Passenger Door Open” and a chime sounds as soon as you put it in gear. All the interior lights are on, all the time. Very annoying when you’re driving in the dark! 😣

what kind of a odd is all of the door switches and handles all seem to operate normally otherwise. 

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

That does not surprise me.

It is the microswitch that is internal to the latch. 

The latch has the lock actuator, door switch, and depending on model the latch actuator

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile