CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Air conditioning

How can I tell if my AC is working without waiting until the warm summer weather gets here? I went outside yesturday and set the temp down as low as it can go and the air felt cold but I wasnt sure if it would feel cold if it were 100 F outside! Is there any ways to test it or would there be any coads coming up if it were broken? Thanks I was just wondering because I have a relative that owns a 95 eldo and his AC is giving him alot of trouble!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Put the system in auto, set the temp as low as possible on the control head and drive the car. If the ambient is above 42 degrees or so the AC compressor will cycle on and the AC system will run. The system has onboard diagnostics that will detect an inoperative system or low refrigerant charge. Leave the AC in auto, set to a low value to make it run constantly, and drive. If there are no codes setting then the system is working to capacity and should be fine.

You can stick your head under the hood and watch the AC compressor clutch while someone turns the HVAC system from off to AUTO and watch the AC compressor engage, also. That would confirm that it is activating....as long as the ambient temp on the OAT readout is above 42....

If the AC compressor is engaging and there are no codes setting you are good to go.

Alright thanks alot I will do that tommorow!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Archived