CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Whats different with this Seville???

msilva954

That is a beautiful car. When you go back to look at the pictures look at the door panels (carpet) you can see that this car has been meticulously detailed. In addition, given that its a 92, the paint is exceptionally good, garaged? I would want to know this car's history. 4.9 is a great engine, might be a terrific find.

That is the cleanest car I have seen given its age in a LONG LONG time.... WOW..

Pure factory stock, and a good deal to say the least!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Nice car! Yeah, *technically*, all base Seville/SLS cars had cloth seats, column shifters, and digital tachometers. Look here: http://www.jnjhome.net/cadillac/rpo.htm

The WA9 Sport Package included the bucket seats, leather, and analog instrumentation. That was for 1997 model year, but I'm sure all the 92-97 Seville/SLS cars are similar as far as option packages go. I've only seen one or two Sevilles EVER that had a column shifter, but technically, it was standard for that car. I think the WA9 package was almost a "standard option", but it was an option nonetheless.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I wouldn't mind having a completely digital instrument cluster.

I guess that is a matter of taste, but I had a 94 Blazer with the digital dash and I hated it. At first galnce it was cool, but the thrill wore off quick. That constantly flicking speedo number in front of me was annoying... :blink: There is something about seeing a analog gage needle sweep sharply to the right that works for me! :P

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

You know, Scotty, that was the same thing I was thinking, a major anal owner. This is the time I fell in love with the STS, working as a Cadillac technician. That column shift is a rare puppy. I was in hundreds of Sevilles in the 92 timeframe, and I had never seen a column shift.

As with digital readout. I liked the digital readout; in fact, I never look at the analog speedo. They discontiued, it however, because lots of people share spruce goose's sentiments. There is also a confilt of interest in all digital as to how one would set up a tach. They were playing around with digital tachs back in the early 70's. The problem is the way one uses a tach, it has to be analog because in the split second action, you need a picture of where the rpm's are in relation to the redline.

A damped needle will never react as quickly as a digital tachometer readout, but who has time to watch a tach while they're at WOT?? REAL drivers can gauge engine RPM by the sound of the induction roar and exhaust. :)

Ahhh! The dreaded "fogged" tails!

Did the '92 really have the longer inner tail lights?

I have a '93 STS and my inners are shorter.

Thought that was introduced 2 or 3 years later with the SLS???

Hmmm....

With your user name being what it is I'd have to be hard pressed. I, however, do find it entertaining.

The definition of an enthusiast is "a person filled with enthusiasm" or " one who is ardently attached to a cause, object, or pursuit." Then there is my personal favorite "one who tends to become ardently absorbed in an interest." I would call the last one fanatic, bordering on unhealthy. I think I'd rather be an enthusiast as opposed to a fanatic.

CADS RULE DUDES! Alright Alright Alright...

Did the '92 really have the longer inner tail lights?

I have a '93 STS and my inners are shorter.

Thought that was introduced 2 or 3 years later with the SLS???

Hmmm....

For 92-97, all SLSes have the longer inner taillights. The STS has the shorter taillights, to make room for the elongated European plates, since it was used also for export. The SLS was never designed for export, and so they only needed to allow room for the standard US plate. So I hear...

I don't know about the 98+ Sevilles.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived