CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I bought a 07 CTS4 about a year ago, and I really enjoy it! I do miss the Northstar roar at full throttle like I had in my Eldos and SLS, but this handles so much nicer! It’s a real beast in the snow with winter tires on her also! 

I think it’s a great looking car, love the body lines. Always amazed at the great value you can have if you shop around for a used luxury vehicle like this! 

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 6:36 PM, Bruce Nunnally said:

I liked my CTS.  What is your impression so far?

I really like it.  Although it is really far advanced to what I'm used to.  And here I thought my '93 DeVilles were fancy, lol.  Before these I was an old Impala man, 1972 and older.  Still drive a '72 C-10 Chevy Pick-up.  My main concern with the CTS is fixing something when it breaks.  As an old school mechanic, I got by OK with the '93 DeVilles (had 2) along with a little help from a mechanic friend, but even this car is a little too far advanced for him as well.

Great car though, my wife just loves it.  

Looking to learn more about them though.  Any info on maintaining them, what to watch out for and especially what may need replacing at what specific time would be helpful and appreciated.  The car presently has 94,000 Miles on it.  

On 10/9/2019 at 10:42 PM, sprucegoose said:

Always amazed at the great value you can have if you shop around for a used luxury vehicle like this! 

I agree.  We got a good deal and a lot for the money on this particular car.  Bought it private party as usual.  Now as long as it can last a good while with little or no problems.  My old '93 DeVille was great.  I bought it at 114,000 and we put another 115,000 on it.  Problems, a few, but nothing major.  Still runs now, even though we just retired it.