BUICK11

CBOYLE

·
Registered
Joined Oct 2, 2003
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 33 mins ago
my 2011 DTS Platinum was about to go out of the GMEPP platinum warranty early next year. Since the car has only about 54K on it I went over to the dealer and asked about an extension.
Honestly did not think it could be done. Well pleasantly surprised since the car is under 10 years old they could plane another GMEPP Platinum warranty on it with no deductible if the car is taken to their shop for repairs. If taken to any other dealer the $100 deductible will apply
The costs was about $4400 and get $700 back on the cancelled GMEPP warranty.
So now covered until 2025 or 105,000 miles.
Lots of money but peace of mind.
Keep in mind NOT all dealers have the ability to do this. I called Allan Black Cadillac who sold the first GMEPP he said "GM only gives you one bite of the apple"
Glad I checked further.

Glad it worked out the way you wanted.  Usually I see that as long as a car is under warranty the are willing to extend.  GM has restarted an in-house extended warranty I believe. 

See https://www.cadillac.com/ownership/protection/extended-limited-warranty

I get a note every 3rd day or so about an extended warranty on my ATS-V.  The fine print on that says:

These service contracts are marketed by AMT Warranty Corp.'s subsidiary, Warrantech Direct, Inc. AMT Warranty Corp. and Wesco Insurance Company are GM-preferred providers of Protection products but are not related entities of GM or its dealerships

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

If I were going to update the DTS with a new chassis, transmission, and engine it would be almost exactly the XTS except I would offer the LF3 410 hp variant as the sport/performance engine.   The new CT6-V V8TT or Platinum are nice larger cars, but big checks to write.

Bruce

………...and they haven't shipped any CT6 V's yet (or CT6's with the Blackwing).  I think some buyers say by the end of August for the V's release (some have been built but held back from release).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Let me add one more thing about extending the warranty on an older car.

Most warranty's have a provision that if the costs of the repair exceeds the book value of the car, they can just pay you book value and get out of the repair. You need to really think about that before you do what I was able to do.

Also should note the XTS should have been named DTS to begin with.

10 minutes ago, BUICK11 said:

Let me add one more thing about extending the warranty on an older car.

Most warranty's have a provision that if the costs of the repair exceeds the book value of the car, they can just pay you book value and get out of the repair. You need to really think about that before you do what I was able to do.

oh interesting point

Bruce