CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A HUMMER 2 tried to pass me.... it didn't happen.

Well, getting on the freeway tonight, this brand new H2 Hummer decided he was

going to fly up the right side "merge lane" and cut me off by a nose. Normally, I

could give a hoot, .... fine, pass me, who cares. But tonight I decided I was not

going to get cut off. Especially when I'm in the "good lane" getting onto the freeway.

Taking a left onto the on-ramp from the inside lane, I hit it right off the line in low 3.

The Hummer 2, in the right lane turning left along side me, ALSO nailed it off the

line. I'm at WOT and he's right there with me. Impressive. We were both nearing

the point of no return where someone will have to give as the lane he was in was

about to end. I clicked it into "D" and BU-BYE!! The H2 was conquered by a nice margin.

I ain't no race car driver, and I usually drive like a granny, but tonight was MY

night. I was in one of those "no one's gonna pass me!" moods.

I have only goosed my STS once before in a similiar situation against a Mustang,

and ended up pulling back for safety sake. This Hummer had more gusto than I

thought. But alas, was no match for the Northstar.

I am continuously astounded by our cars. No one sees the Caddy comin!! :lol:

With your user name being what it is I'd have to be hard pressed. I, however, do find it entertaining.

The definition of an enthusiast is "a person filled with enthusiasm" or " one who is ardently attached to a cause, object, or pursuit." Then there is my personal favorite "one who tends to become ardently absorbed in an interest." I would call the last one fanatic, bordering on unhealthy. I think I'd rather be an enthusiast as opposed to a fanatic.

CADS RULE DUDES! Alright Alright Alright...

Ah, my STS can tend to cost and cost and cost. First an alternator, then a water

pump, then a head gasket, then brakes, then A/C, then a blower motor, then case

seals, then tranny solenoids, blown out suspension.......you get the picture.

I do love it though!! Especially on days like this!

With your user name being what it is I'd have to be hard pressed. I, however, do find it entertaining.

The definition of an enthusiast is "a person filled with enthusiasm" or " one who is ardently attached to a cause, object, or pursuit." Then there is my personal favorite "one who tends to become ardently absorbed in an interest." I would call the last one fanatic, bordering on unhealthy. I think I'd rather be an enthusiast as opposed to a fanatic.

Just today me and yenko were drivein around town and this guy in a 93-95 V6 trans am actually followed us all the way from down town out to the highway just to race us haha! race???? not really he came up on us with so much momentum I was sure he would get by but we saw him put the pedal to the floor and he couldnt get by us! He did for a split second than it was bye bye! He than followed us for a few more minutes and than turned off! All because we squeeled the tires a little in front of him! :lol: But he got a very big shock!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

What's up with these Hummer guys anyway? Just got back from a Florida trip and most of them were driving like maniacs!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

H2 Hummer's are very commen around here! I see at least 4-5 on average a day here on this small island of 125,000 people! They only drive like that because they are so much bigger than everyone else! :lol: I would drive it like that if I had one! B)

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

What's up with these Hummer guys anyway? Just got back from a Florida trip and most of them were driving like maniacs!

I believe it's so we can notice them, and all of a sudden be overcome with envy.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I agreet that you're not a race car driver.

"How dare you sir!" :huh:

What? No love? I buried that Hummer!

I felt like Jimmie's Johnson....ha! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

And speaking of Hummers, looks like those H2 Suburbans in "Thing's" clothing could use a few suspension mods for off-road use!

Check this out:

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/badhummer.html

What's up with these Hummer guys anyway?

hummer guys ??? ........... all that drive those glorified blazers aroud here is woman & they become queen b*tch at the wheel . A real Hummer is a good thing but these 2's are a JOKE..................... jmo

I may be the odd man out but I actually like the look of the Hummer H2..If it hadnt been the fact that it was a significantly more expensive than my Tahoe, that would be my other car...People that drive like maniacs will drive like that in a Yugo, although the H2 gives them the feeling of invinceability...Sorry every has had bad experiences with drivers of them but it is still the same A-hole drivers-not the vehicles themselves! :huh:

Maybe it's just that some cars bring out the worst in people. Or, the Hummer, with it's H1 battle hardened reputation, makes people think they are invincible on the road as well as off. Or maybe it's all hype. Or marketing. I think the last one says it all, it's just sad that we all fall for it so easily. I have nothing against the H2, but my expieriences on the road with them have been less than desireable to say the least.

For those that don't like the H2 check out this web site.

http://www.FUH2.com/

WHOA Man! I never realized how much people can hate a vehicle! I guess this ain't working for GM either! Bad day at blackrock........

Archived