CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The factory Bose Gold Edition stereo seemed difficult to hack. However, after studying some other GM forums, I decided the best was was through the CD audio wiring. Really, who listens to CD much anyway? The hack is dead easy. There are two plugs going to the CD (same as the tape player also). The  larger plug  with mostly brown wires controls the functions of the player and is left plugged in. The smaller  three wire plug is the audio output from the CD player. The red is the left channel, the tan is the right and the black shielded center is the ground.  I simply connected snipped the plug off and soldered my jack wires to the the wires which go the the main circuit board. A CD must be in the unit, as it fools the radio into thinking the CD is sending the music. But it is actually your MP3 player, Iphone or whatever. The radio does not know the difference. You can switch back to AM/FM by simply pressing the ST/PL button, or ejecting the CD. Works great. Cost me about an hours time and $4 for the jack. Have a nice day........

If you just played a silent cd you would not have had to cut the wires. Just splice in your jack.

Thats how I do mine.

Thank you for sharing though. Glad it works for you

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

There is none. I did the same as you but rather with my cd changer in the trunk. I have 5 silent cds. At 5 minutes per 12 tracks, per cd  It provides alot of listening time.

I am very picky when it comes to modding though. Probably too picky. 

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Cool !  My only concern  is the possibility of the CD unit failing. I guess I could repair it if it happens. If possible, I would like to rig a switch to the CD harness to make it think it is on, without having to use a CD. I much rather have found the audio left and right on the tuner board and tapped into that.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note that there is a guy over on www.thirdgen.org that mods Delco radios with MP3/etc. jacks if your lookin' to mod your unit.

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Archived