CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

radiator splash shield

Hi All,I'm going crazy looking for the thin flexible almost rubberized cardboard piece that is below the front bumper on my 02 Eldorado...This part is not listed anywhere.I went to the local junkyard but,they didn't have any eldorados..Next one is 150 miles away and even if they have a suitable car,there is no telling if that piece is there or any good.So,I'm willing to pay $100 + shipping to anyone who has one or can get me one...Thank You..PM me if you have one..AKA..air dam,front valance,splash shield

That's the piece..Do you have one?...............Otherwise I'm going to go ahead and just cut one out using the old as a pattern..The material is just some type of rubberized gasket material,obtainable....If you have one to sell PM me the details..Thanks

I had the same problem with my Eldo and Could not find one used anywhere. They were all torn or missing.

If I can remember the site I am trying to remember  I will send it to you.

What is wrong with yours?

If the holes are enlarged I just use a washer on the back side before I put the clip through the hole

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I had a radiator leak and it soaked the pass. side corner.Now that side droops and is visible hanging under bumper..I ordered some rubberized gasket sheets and I'm going to make a repair..

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the air deflector replaced today for $230 at the Cadillac dealer body shop.  It only took them 2 hours.  I don't really know its purpose, but I think it helps highway mileage a bit and keeps road debris away from the radiator and fan.   I wiped mine out some time ago running over a curb at night at a interstate fuel stop.  Made a lot of noise but that grand 2004 De Ville of my still ran.  But, one of the front wheels is just a bit out of round.  Goodyear can replace it for $138 someday (they've done it before).

I'm surprised to hear they are still in stock.I had trouble even finding the part number and official name.On my 02 Eldo it is called "air baffle". I ended up buying sheet of rubberized gasket material and repairing my original..

Archived