CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Oil Leak Fixed - Motor Purr

coolnesss

My 2002 ETC had an oil leak that dropped onto the exhaust manifold, I guess, and smelled and made smoke.  It was truly annoying.

My mechanic told me to try Motor Purr.

It worked.  There was a noticeable decrease in a couple of weeks, and now, three or so months later, there doesn't seem to be a leak at all.  No smoke, no smell, no adding a quart of oil every few weeks.

I don't usually like additives, but, in the face of a several-thousand dollar tear-down on a car worth just a little more than that, I was tempted.  I'm glad now I did it.

http://motorpurr.com/tune-up/

IMG_1973 sm.jpg

Basically, it chemically breaks down / softens the seals - see barczy01's post above for the final result.

Better to stop using it now and hope for the best.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Well I for one say that if there are 2 options 

1 being to remove the engine and reseal it

2 try a bottle of snake oil

It may be worthwhile to try option 2 even if it works for a period of time.

especially if option 1 is not a option. although I do not believe in most snake oils (miracles in a bottle) sometimes it may help to get a little while more.

I stress that it may be temporary. 

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I had to apply it every few months, and it worked each time.  $40 or $50 bucks a year on an aged engine is a whole lot more efficient than spending 2k for a reseal of the engine.

Then, the car busted another head gasket, and it went to a guy who's going to fix it.  A good home.  

I was so sorry to see the car go.  I got an ATS V6 coupe, and it is a great car, but, lacks the design grace of the Eldorado.