CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Northstar's and Rice burner dirvers

Guarcz03

Is there Something that attracts Race burner Drivers mainly Civics,accords and focus to my STS, i mean i can not stop at a light without a ricer reving his engine on the side of me temping me to race, i normally dont take part in street racing but the guy was pissing me off so the light turned green and off i went this guy had no chance i had him from start to finish , so the next light he wanted a "rematch" this time instead of smashing the gas pedal i let him get about 3-4 car lenghts in front of me than i smashed the pedal complete WOT and flew passed him at about 90MPH(no Cars/people around basically deserted) his face went from a BIG Smile to a frown in a second :lol: . it must really suck to see a 4000lb car fly past You in your "Souped" up car!

Does anyone else feel like a magnet to Ricers?

Okay with me its the exact same thing! I can't go from my house to the grocery store without someone wanting to race or something! Once I was at a stoplight and the guy came up beside me in an eagle talon and told me to role down my window! I did and I thought he wanted to race instead he says peel the tires when the light turns green! I wanna see that thing light em up! HA HA! But I am always asked to race by someone! :rolleyes:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I have noticed that most of the ricers will annoy me until the point where I blow away into the distance! One time there was this Civic and he would come right up on my *smurf*, pass me, get infront of me and slow down! So When I got the chance stomped on it until I couldn't see him in my rear view any more! I think they look for trouble with there flashing lights and big mufflers! I dont know if they think they can actually come close to keeping up me or they just like getting smoked by a big Caddy. :D

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Yep, one of life's simple pleasures. Annoying ricer boy gets blown off the road by the old gray haired fart in the 4000 lb Caddy. Ricer boy's girl friend is totally embarassed and ricer boy's chance of getting lucky has just plummeted to zero.

They just don't understand how the sedate looking STS can possibly bark second gear as you blast by.

I like this one better! Cool and calm 4,000 pound cadillac driver blows another ricer off the road :P and impreses the hell out of his girlfreind :D ! Has just increased his chances of getting lucky by 10 because she now nows not only how cool his car is but how powerful! :lol::lol:

You are so right they think that all that matters is size its a little irratating but what can ya do but show them what the northstar is made of! :rolleyes:

user posted image

i mean blowing the doors off a racer is fun in a STS but when its done in a DTS its even better! i remember driving my moms DTS and up comes a Eclipse Spyder Convertible with 1 guy and 3 girls in it, well anyway this guy thinks he's mister cool and revs his engine so much i thought the thing was gonna blow up so after he stopped i said a real car isn't supposed to sound like a annoying Farting noise so i trough the DTS in neutral and revved my engine (northstar sounds the best at 3500-4000Rpm) then i turn my head and say with a HUGE smile in my face "Thats what a real car sounds like!". so the Racer driver with a stunned look on his face popped the question (i never had a smile so big on my face before that night...Well from a car :P ), so i was MORE then Happy to Rip him up light turned green and i floored it WOT tires were squealing and a Hugh amount of exhaust smoke (Never Had a WOT done before). the next light came up and i turned to him and asked "how does it feel to be beaten by a 4300lb old person car?" i think he was gonna cry, i know i would if i had 3 girls in my car and just got ripped up by a tank!.

O man a DTS would be fun! I would love to drive one of those around for a night! Id smoke everyone around here! Just to show them size doesn't matter! Theres not much difference in size but there appears to be!

user posted image

I don't even bother with these punks. I try hard to find MB's and BMW's of the same year as our Caddy, to show them that although those cars beat me in the slalom and braking, they can't touch me in the 0-60 or 1/4 mile. 5 litre Disgustangs, and Caddy STS/SLS owners I like to target as well. I usually beat the STS/SLS folks because of my driving knowledge/habits, but have had more than a few pull to the side of the road with me to talk cars. It is better to forge positive relationships with spirited drivers than negative ones. When I get the chance, I like to "time" my car coming out of a 'toll booth" in the 0-60, of course selecting the lowest gear, and letting the rev limiter shift for me. Last but not least, does anybody realize how impressive the NS is in the 60-80 WOT?! I do, and if I told what our 97 STS "bests" in the 60-80 you wouldn't believe me! Our car is basically stock. Don't believe me, just do the 60-80 research for yourself!!! It is impressive to say the least!

What I like best is going about 35 mph and going abruptly to full throttle. The transmission will downshift into 1st gear and both tires usually let loose and the car gets all squirelly and rockets toward second gear. Extra points if I'm on smooth pavement and leave black marks. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I lined up against a Mitsubishi Lancer the other night. I was acually in the right turning lane, but had about a 100 yards of lane ahead of me, before I would have to merge back into the other two lanes. Need less to say, the punk in the Mitsubishi (bright yellow, huge spoiler, ...etc) recognized my intention, and gave 'er hell off the line. I casually eased into the gas (not to squeal the tires and make it LOOK like I was trying, amnd then opened 'er up myself.

I didn't even need to check my blind spot, as I merged back into the other lane, and sure enough, I could see those hokey blue headlights about 10 car lengths behind me...a bit cloudy of course, for he got a nice facial of carbon smoke! lol

What a joy it is, eh?

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I'M GOING NUTS!!!!!

LOL I Just want my car out on the road, I cant wait to dust little twerps!! :rolleyes:

I love with my exhaust down shifting coming up to a light you can hear the exhaust growl back and the mash on it!

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

While I hate bumper stickers,

I'm tempted to put something like this on the back of my car:

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived