CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Eldo and SeVille???

Hey I am looking for a Eldorodo ETC between the years of 93-97 and was wondering what the difference between them and SeVille STSs are for options? Is the 0-60 time improved or worse in these? Also I can't seem to find any for sale in Canada were they sold here or just in the states? What should I look for when looking at one that I am interested in buying? Is there much difference in size? Thanks guys sorry for all the questions I'm just wondering if I should get and Eldo or not I really like the look of them!

Thanks

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I've owned a 97 Eldorado and two Sevilles, a 94 SLS and currently an 01 STS.

As long as you compare the same class, base or touring, the Eldo and the Seville should have the same 0-60. The base models had markedly better fuel economy for me, 28-30 vs 23-25 highway for the STS.

Edmunds.com has a pretty good summation of the different options.

httpEdmunds 1997 Cadillac page for comparisons

Uhhhhh, the Eldo has two doors, and uhhh..... the Seville has four doors? :lol::lol: (my beavis interpretation)

I love the look of the Eldorado, love two doors and I love the rear lights.

However, the two door configuration is hard in to get out of in a parking lot as the doors are so long, and getting in and out of the back seat sucks.

Other than that, I like the Eldorado but think the Seville is more practical. However if I was young, single and still looking to get women in my back seat it would have to be an Eldorado.....with dark tints in case I ever DID get lucky!

97 Eldo

Length: 200.2 inches

Height: 53.6 inches

Clearance: 5.4 inches

Width: 75.5 inches

Wheel base: 108 inches

Weight: 3821

Front Head Rm 37.8 inches

Front Shoulder room: 58.2

Front leg Room: 42.6

Rear Leg Room: 36.1

Doors: (per Scotty) 2

97 Seville

Length: 204

Height: 54.5

Clearance: 5.6

Width: 74.2

Wheel base: 111

Weight: 3900

Front Head Room: 38

Front Shoulder room: 58.9

Front Leg room: 43

Rear Leg room: 39.1

Doors: (per Scotty) 4 ;-)

The back seats of an Eldo are much more comfortable than the Seville - until its time to climb (stumble) out.

Thanks alot guys! I think I may get one! I just want somethng different for a while and I don't really like the look of fletwoowds or older DeVilles wich is all i can afford! SO I think I will be in the market for an Eldo!

user posted image

I'd choose first by needs, then by styling. Carrying other people around/kids? Seriously consider the Seville as it has four doors. None of the above and prefer 'crisper' styling - get the Eldorado. FYI - I had a '94 Eldorado awhile back. When I had it (1997) I recall wishing it was the newer body style that ran from 1995, all the way through 2002. Later (after I'd sold it) I started to really appreciate the pureness of the original design and now I prefer the styling of the 1992 through 1994 Eldorado over the later styling variation.

Good luck!

~Doc

I can't seem to find any for sale in Canada were they sold here or just in the states?

Eldorados in Canada are few and far between. GM did sell them in Canada but it just seems as though Sevilles seem to outwiegh the Eldorados by a big margin at least up here. And if you do find one around my area at least, they usually have been brought up here from the States and have a hefty mark up. There is a 2000 Eldorado at a local used car lot, 90,000 kms and he wants $28,000CDN, roughly $24,000US. Funny thing is the speedo is in MP/H, hmmm I wonder where that came from :huh: . To me I think you could go south and pick up a whole lot of car down south for that much money. There just is not a large pool of these cars in our area.

I just checked Canada Trader's Website and there is only 21 Eldorados across Canada, to me that is pretty rare. The most expensive one being $25,000CDN.

Just my $0.02

Spence

Uhhhhh, the Eldo has two doors, and uhhh..... the Seville has four doors? :lol::lol: (my beavis interpretation)

I love the look of the Eldorado, love two doors and I love the rear lights.

However, the two door configuration is hard in to get out of in a parking lot as the doors are so long, and getting in and out of the back seat sucks.

Other than that, I like the Eldorado but think the Seville is more practical. However if I was young, single and still looking to get women in my back seat it would have to be an Eldorado.....with dark tints in case I ever DID get lucky!

for you Scotty, an eldo with dark tint: ;) (my eldo to be exact B) )

p6090007.jpg

IMO, as far as looks go, the eldo wins easily, and I agree with Scotty, LOVE the taillights. However, I'm sure that more practical, however, when the time comes for me to be more "practical" hopefully I'll be able to afford one of the new CTS's.

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I like the styling of the Eldorado's but they seem to be a really big two door car! I have never seen one up close and in person but they look awsome from what I see in the pictures! I also live in Canada and have seen only one Eldorado, and it went by too fast to appriciate it! When I buy my next car I will most likely be going down south to pick one out! I alway's thought that the eldo's were a little shorter in length! When did they stop producing the Eldorados? And what is with the convertible Eldo's?

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

They only made a few convertibles as special editions and the last year was 2002. I never knew that they changed in 95 I thought that the trim around them looked alot different though and there was just something about them but I never thought anything of it! I do like the 95-02's I think now I am looking for a 95-97. Eldoman I love your car it looks awsome!

user posted image

I like the styling of the Eldorado's but they seem to be a really big two door car! I have never seen one up close and in person but they look awsome from what I see in the pictures! I also live in Canada and have seen only one Eldorado, and it went by too fast to appriciate it! When I buy my next car I will most likely be going down south to pick one out!  I alway's thought that the eldo's were a little shorter in length! When did they stop producing the Eldorados? And what is with the convertible Eldo's?

Here is a 1996 convertible Eldorado for sale, break that piggy bank!

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4878

Heres another one on autotrader

Check out the price tag they definitly don't lose there value like the rest of the cadillacs seem to do!!!!!!

user posted image

I'd choose first by needs, then by styling. Carrying other people around/kids?

No I hate having people in my backseat now but i can't really ask them to stay cause it is a four door sedan! With a 2 door eldorodo I would have an excuse I could say can't you take your own car its to hard to get in and out of those back seats! HAHA! Is there much less legroom in the back seat? I heard from someone that they are more comphertible is this true? I wish there was one around here for sale I'm not planning on buying one that soon but I would love to go and take it for a test drive and sit in the backseats and see what the overal car looks like in person! But I have never even seen one in person so I don't know what to excpect and the closest one for sale is probly down in the states which is were I would be getting myn from. But what can ya do I will just have to wait until March when I will be ready to buy one then I can make the trip!

user posted image

FYI - I had a '94 Eldorado awhile back. When I had it (1997) I recall wishing it was the newer body style that ran from 1995, all the way through 2002. Later (after I'd sold it) I started to really appreciate the pureness of the original design and now I prefer the styling of the 1992 through 1994 Eldorado over the later styling variation.

How did the styling change after 1995? As far as I know, all that changed was the interior in 1996. Isn't all 1992-2002 Eldorado sheetmetal the same?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

FYI - I had a '94 Eldorado awhile back.  When I had it (1997) I recall wishing it was the newer body style that ran from 1995, all the way through 2002.  Later (after I'd sold it) I started to really appreciate the pureness of the original design and now I prefer the styling of the 1992 through 1994 Eldorado over the later styling variation.

How did the styling change after 1995? As far as I know, all that changed was the interior in 1996. Isn't all 1992-2002 Eldorado sheetmetal the same?

Cadillac 'softened' the styling starting with the 1995 model year. Mainly the lower proportions but also the grill. Easy enough to find online. Just search/look at 92 through 94 Eldorado's then compare to any 95-up.

cheers,

~Doc

This is a beutiful eldo! I love the chrome around the wheel fenders. Were do you guys think you would get something like that?

post-3-1108277091_thumb.jpg

user posted image

And heres another picture! Was this an option or something it looks amayzing!

post-3-1108277154_thumb.jpg

user posted image

This is a beutiful eldo! I love the chrome around the wheel fenders. Were do you guys think you would get something like that?

JC Whitney probably. As far as I know, that was never a factory option.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I like the styling of the Eldorado's but they seem to be a really big two door car! I have never seen one up close and in person but they look awsome from what I see in the pictures! I also live in Canada and have seen only one Eldorado, and it went by too fast to appriciate it! When I buy my next car I will most likely be going down south to pick one out!  I alway's thought that the eldo's were a little shorter in length! When did they stop producing the Eldorados? And what is with the convertible Eldo's?

Here is a 1996 convertible Eldorado for sale, break that piggy bank!

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4878

That makes me wonder what the price tag would have been on one of those back in 1996!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Archived