CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS or STS? Can't tell the difference!

tmpafford

Is anyone else having this problem. The other weekend I went to an upscale mall and and a local dealership had about thirty different cars on display. I was looking for a while at what I thought was a CTS but it turned out to be an STS!!!! I have tried to pick the two out in magazines and TV ads, but I keep getting it wrong. I just can't tell the difference between the two. Is the STS just an upscale CTS now???

The STS is slightly larger, and the hood does not have creases along the sides of the hood. The badging is different, and I suppose the wheels may be although I have not checked.

With the CTS such a sales success, we should be happy the STS is cut from the same cloth.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The headlights are usually the first difference I notice when I see the STS. It has two projector lenses, while the CTS only has one. It also has two exhaust tips sticking out the back. If you see either of those, it's an STS. Well, except for the CTS-V, that as two exhaust tips sticking out the back also.

I like the lines of the STS as they are smoother, the difference is very obvious to me. While the STS is smaller than the older STS's, its larger inside than the CTS and it competes with the mid range cars like the A6. I like the STS a lot, and can't wait to see the STS-V

I guess that is what I dont like about the new STS. The difference between it and the CTS is so small. I actually think the STS is stumpy looking. I understand the size of the CTS, Cadillac needed a good looking entry level car, but to copy it and just scale it up a tiny bit is awful.

I love the look of my 97 STS more and more every day. Long, sleek and tough looking sports sedan.

The new STS just looks fat! I hope a new stylist comes on board before I have to get another car.

Maybe the Chrysler Crossfire (but it has a crappy cup holder!!!!) or the New 300C

God I hope Cadillac changes soon......

Do I like the new STS? Yes... Do I love it? Not exactly... When the '92s and '93 came out they were "got to have one" cars (Lutz are you listening)... The change in '97 made the backend look a little better and the front end look a little worse. IMO. But still a drop dead gorgeous “got to have one” car.

Don't get me wrong, the Arts and Science look is great and I love the look of the XLR.. In five years I plan to be driving an XLR just in time for my mid-life crisis... Assuming my wife lets me. :D

But I think tmpafford hits the nail on the head... The new STS looks too tall and a little fat.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I think it was about time Cadillac changed the look of the STS but I think they went in the wrong direction! I have to say it is a nice car but it is nothing spectacular! That is what I think anyway!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

They shouldn't have made it the same as a CTS! They need to give it it's own distinguished look people should not have to wait to see the back of the car to see the difference thats my 2 cents anyways! :lol:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Ya thats what I mean they should not have made them look like that im sure that some peopel like that desighn but I hate it!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Archived