CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but...

audioguy99

I checked under the hood to find out my cruise wasn't working because the electronic plug to the cruise solenoid was hanging in the engine compartment. I plugged it back up and everything works fine.

I guess the dealer would have charged the $80 minimum to find and fix my "problem." Funny how that mysteriously got unplugged a couple days after the dealer did the fuel rail recall work...

I checked under the hood to find out my cruise wasn't working because the electronic plug to the cruise solenoid was hanging in the engine compartment. I plugged it back up and everything works fine.

I guess the dealer would have charged the $80 minimum to find and fix my "problem." Funny how that mysteriously got unplugged a couple days after the dealer did the fuel rail recall work...

They may have just innocently forgot to plug it back in. Give them the benefit of the doubt. ;)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I agree. Give them the benefit of the doubt, but be sure you let them know that you discovered their mistake. They may even offer to make it up to you. I'd make sure that the service writer, the technician, the service department manager, and the owner of the dealership are all made aware of the error - not to get anyone into trouble, but to give them an opportunity to improve. Let them know also that you don't expect this to ever happen again - to anyone - and that you'll be reviewing their work every time you bring your car in for service. I've got a good relationship with the dealer service department after taking this approach.

Yeah I agree, confront the dealer and ask him if he new anything about it! It is most likely to have just been a mistake! But if anything like that happens in the future after a trip to the dealer, you will have reason for suspicion!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I would be very suspicious! It may have been a mistake but the fact of the matter is that it happened! <_<

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

It is a sad state of affairs when we automaticly think that someon is trying to scam us on car repairs. Some dealerships seem to have more come backs than others. I wouldn't recommend the local caddy shop to anyone except a sworn enemy. :P But I have been on the road (in Seattle) and broke down. Those guys were great. I can't remember the dealership's name, but I would give them a plug if I did. :) My family used to own a Chevrolet dealership until Mr. Carter's interest rate got to high. We had an incident where a mechanic was doing oil & filter "changes". He would wipe down the oil filter so it looked new and cleaned the airfilter housing, so it looked like he had changed that too. One day an older gentleman came in and asked one of us to come out and look at his pickup. He asked us to take the cover off the airfilter. which I did. I told him that the element needed to be changed. Whereoupn he took a paid reciept out and showed it to me. It indicated that the air filter had been changed the day before IN OUR SHOP! :blink: . I looked at the reciept and called out the mechanic, thinking that he had just forgotten to change it. I told him to get a new filter and install it. Later, when I was discussing the situation, he admitted that he had been doing this for quite some time! He was taking the filters and selling them to his buddies. His statment to me was that "I never stole from the company". And "what I did didn't cost the company anything." I told him that what he had done was thievery, totally dishonest, and besides defrauding the customers, he tarnished the good name that we had tride to build and maintain since the forties. :angry:

Needless to say, his employment was terminated immediately. I called the gentleman who had brought it to my attention and offered a couple of free oil and filter changes. I suggested that he bring the truck back at his earliest convenience and we would perform a complete service. When he came in, I explained the situation and told him that because of the ex-employee's actions, I couldn't be sure if his oil filter had been changed or not. The gentleman expressed his gratitude at our candor. He remained a customer until he grew to old to drive.

We went through the records and sent other customers a cupon for a free oil & filter change.

My problem today is that I expect to be treated the way that we treated our customers when I take a car into a shop. But the feeling that I get mostly is that I am a sucker or fool for having to bring a car to them. I have asked who thier Northstar expert is & I get told that all the mechanics are certified, so it dosen't matter who they assign to my car. <_< Wrong.

Every shop has it's good techs and the guy who is just trying to make it to payday. If they can't or won't let thier best people work on my car, then none of them will work on it! This is one of the reasons that independent shops are still going strong.

I do miss the old days when all you needed was a timing light, dwell meter, vacuum gage and a set of Snap-On tools. You were good to go. :D

Sorry for the loooog post. I get thinking about this stuff and I get :angry: .

Good Luck,

Britt

Britt

Archived