CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Failed Inspection

EJPut

I got my Dynomax Super Turbo's from Summit - P/N# 17746. These have the 20" shell just like the stock mufflers. They are reversible. Keep in mind that I ONLY did the muffler swap. The rest of the stock system was retained.

How long does the exaust system last on these cars????

It depends on how you drive 'em. If you do short trips the exhaust never gets hot enough to burn out the condensation and it rusts out in a relatively short time. I drive :50 minutes and 40 miles (mostly highway) to work. My last car ('92 Deville) had 125K when I traded it with the original exhaust. My current car is 93K and the exhasut is still OEM.

I got my Dynomax Super Turbo's from Summit - P/N# 17746. These have the 20" shell just like the stock mufflers. They are reversible. Keep in mind that I ONLY did the muffler swap. The rest of the stock system was retained.

Thanks, I looked up that PN on Summit and they are 2" inlet/outlet. Will this fit my 1993? I thought I had 2 1/4" inlet /outlet?

Thanks,

How long does the exaust system last on these cars????

It depends on how you drive 'em. If you do short trips the exhaust never gets hot enough to burn out the condensation and it rusts out in a relatively short time. I drive :50 minutes and 40 miles (mostly highway) to work. My last car ('92 Deville) had 125K when I traded it with the original exhaust. My current car is 93K and the exhasut is still OEM.

I thin thats what happened to my mufflers it only has 104 000 miles so i'm guessing it was only used for short trips my mufflers have holes and i was concerned because people say that they have original mufflers and there cars have like 150 000 miles on them!!!!!! But I would say that the car didn't go to far! :rolleyes: Now I have an excuse to put on the dynomax superturbos! :D

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Thanks, I looked up that PN on Summit and they are 2" inlet/outlet. Will this fit my 1993? I thought I had 2 1/4" inlet /outlet?

Thanks,

If the '93 exhaust is like the '97, then it is 2 1/4" only until the Y pipe. Then they narrow to 2". And even though Summitt advertises a 2" inlet and outlet on this part number, when I received mine, they actually measured 2 1/4". My muffler guy had already bent the pipes he needed based on a 2" inlet and had to refab some more pipes because of the larger size(???). Hopefully, someone on the board can tell us what the differences are on the '93, if any.

Call Summit, they will send you the right ones as they keep a bank of what really fits. If they don't, it won't cost you a thing to return them. And they will be there quick.

Mike

Archived