CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ETC or STS?

Scotty

Back up Assist. Kinda like sex. Once ya had it, hard to live without it.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

And that back seat sure wouldn't be any fun for you guys.

OK you hooked me, why wouldnt it be fun for US guys, LOL

You know, us older folks just don't have any appreciation for back seat fun any more.........

Actually - and probably sadly - I was thinking only about the practicalities of getting a family in and out of a back seat. :blink: Sounds like I may need to work on getting in touch with the 21 year old lurking inside of me!

Hope y'all have a safe and happy New Year!

Jack

These days I prefer KING sized beds.... at 6'5" I was never much comfortable the back seat unless it was an SUV :blink:

Agreed. Definitely the STS. Although both are beautiful cars, the STS has a certain "international" appeal in its styling that makes it world class. I don't know that you'd notice a great deal of difference behind the wheel, but admiring the STS from the outside is just as much fun as driving it. The ETC does not do that for me. Good luck finding the proper specimen and be sure to let us all know the moment you bring it home.

I have been a 2dr race-car-type car all my life, and I have ALWAYS perfered 2 dr cars. The sts-ect, however, are exceptions to my existing rules. Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but it seems that the sts eats up the ect on performance compasisions.

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/art.../0-60times.html

I guess they do because the ect isn't even listed. I also think that the sts is a more agressive car in its handeling.

This isn't a guess; rather, it's a fact coming from the opinion of a guy who thinks that 2 dr cars are better looking vehicles. (I noticed this violation to my rules back when the STS first came out.) Go someplace that has a stack of Cadillacs. A dealership would be a good place. If you look back and forth between the two, contary to the rule of 2 dr cars looking more sporty, you may notice that the sts has a much sportier look than the ect. I know that people love their etc's and this based purely on personal taste, but in my eye, the etc is more boxier looking, and the sts is much leaner looking.

Archived