CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

keeping cars clean

airmike

Bruce you asked how I keep all those cars clean, and I said I don't :) But I am making an attempt to keep 2 of them fairly clean. I do have a wash bay in there but they get dirty/dusty easily just sitting. I am building a garage inside the shop to keep some of the particles flying around in there, off of them. Here is a picture of it in the process.

th_IMG_20151015_2112140022_zpsh6f6gugp.j

I didn't have the lift buttoned up yet when I came in for the chat, so I took the picture under it, sorry. The shop is getting too full anyway. I have 2 of the walls up and a door framed in, but still need to build headers to hold the south side, before I can put a ceiling on it. I intend to make the ceiling very heavy duty, so I can put large things like that air compressor (behind the 2 cars) up there. Maybe an engine or transmission etc..I will silicone every wall and paint in there, in an attempt to keep it as clean as possible. Everything in the shop I do myself so it will be a while and an adventure getting it done. Putting that lift up could have been a winner on funniest home videos. I'm glad no camera was there!

In my personal shop where I work on my toys I found using sweeping compound every time I sweep up shop makes a huge difference. The stuff I buy comes in a 15 gallon bucket. Its sawdust/wood shavings with some kind of pink chemical on it.

When someone told me years ago to use sweeping compound I gave them " are you on crack" look. Like I'm not paying for something to spread on my floor that adds to whatever I'm sweeping up.

But its an amazing product. I can push a broom as hard as I want and not dust rolls up. It all clings to pile. My cars and motorcycles stay so much cleaner.

If you haven't sealed the concrete already, look into that ASAP.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived