CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Radio with Theftlock

Paul S+

The Bose radio in my '99 STS has some problems and I was able to remove an identical one from another STS. I am worried I won't be able to just install it without issues from the theft lock. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it a smooth transition. Or is it even possible.

Thanks for any help and advice.

You need to google a delco cluster repair facility near you or ask the dealer who they use. It can cost between $0 and $50 or so. I drive mine to somewhere in northern NJ, about 10 years ago, and it took 20 minutes, and didn't cost me anything.

The radio has the VIN encoded in its module and other security stuff. Manipulation of this requires equipment and knowledge available only to bonded locksmiths. So, what winterset says.

You might also look into getting your old radio repaired, unless the new one is an upgrade in some way. If it is going to be more than $50 and you are sure the new one works, then re-key it to your car and scrap the old one.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived