CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Removing my EGR valve

winterset

Right before i had the stainless fuel rail recall done, i cleaned the carbon from the pintle valve on my EGR using a torx drill bit. I must have done a good job since that was alot of years ago. Well... I was driving the other day, and that message came on my screen, and the car felt like it was going to stall. Codes show EGR Position error.

I need to clean it again, but that "new" metal fuel rail changes things a bit. Do i need to remove it? Can it be done leaving the fuel rail in place, and squeezing theEGR out. If i need to remove those fuel rail locks do i need a special tool, or can it be done with pliers?

i am going to clean it using a torx bit again, and rinse out with wd-40. I took a chance the last time using brake cleaner, and carb cleaner. I was lucky then that i didn't damage the wire windings. I didn't know. Especially that i had it turned upside down as i was spraying!!

I have done it both ways.

I recommend pulling up the rail though.

that one stud will screw you for removal.

It is not that difficult to pull the rail up, just recommend replacing the lower seals when you do.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I use map/maf sensor cleaner and a pick. It is sensor safe and works nicely. I work on it on its side

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived