CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

95 Eldorado exhaust gasket relacement

I have a 1995 Eldorado and i suspect I have a major exhaust leak. At Idle and low speeds it rumbles and sounds louder and feels like its loosing a little power but at higher RPM it gets better but still looses a small amount of power. Just replaced plugs/wires and EGR about a month ago. Vacuum lines OK. it came on gradually not suddenly. Does any one have any advice? If it is a exhaust leak, how hard is it to fix...I hope not as bad as head gasket. Thanks

You would need tools for cutting stainless steel and welding to repair or replace yourself. Any competent muffler shop (ask your friends for a local trustworthy place) should be able to help. Your choice as to whether you replace with aluminized, stainless, or take this chance to upgrade to a performance muffler. I would at least stay stainless, but it is more expensive. On my 96 I used the Borla mufflers which gave a nice sound (but were loud).

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

from my experience, the most common places to leak on these is from the flexpipe toward the front, (not too common)

or from the mufflers. They like to rust on top and split open. Then it echoes up in the spare tire area. (common depending on the area)

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived