CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

LGX V6, LGW TT3LV6 to premier in CT6

Bruce Nunnally

DETROIT – An all-new 3.6L V-6 engine debuts in the 2016 Cadillac CT6, setting benchmarks for efficiency, refinement and durability in the brand’s range-topping large luxury performance sedan.

The clean-sheet engine design is the fourth generation of GM’s acclaimed DOHC V-6 engine family and incorporates new features, including Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and stop/start technology to enhance fuel economy up to a General Motors’-estimated 9 percent when compared to the previous engine.

Read more: http://caddyinfo.com/wordpress/all-new-advanced-3-6l-v-6-to-drive-cadillac-ct6/

1426792584167.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

So the new LGW TT 3L V6 will make 400 hp 400 lb-ft of torque http://caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-next-gen-v-6-engines-led-by-3-0l-twin-turbo/ and the updated LGX 3.6L V6 will make 335 hp / 284 lb ft of torque.

Assuming the CT6 weighs same/less than a CTS, these are going to be good powertrains.

Start/stop + operation as a V4 or V6 via cylinder deactivation.

1426792583741.jpg

Bruce

This video shows LGW airflow; the video appears to have no sound.

The 3.0L Twin Turbo’s estimated 400 horsepower and 133 hp per liter is 27 percent greater than the BMW 740Li’s 3.0L turbocharged I-6 (315 hp and 105 hp/L) and 29 percent more than the Audi A7’s 3.0L supercharged V-6 (310 hp and 103 hp/L).

Bruce

Start and Stop technology and more Active Fuel Management ,more cost to the price of the car and more to go wrong for such a small savings on fuel mileage! I don't mean to be a nattering nabob of negativity but I do have my doubt's. More computer crap on a car . Yeah that's what we need!!

I want start/stop; a lot of my gas is wasted waiting or idling. Cylinder deactivation is a Cadillac historical feature so good to see them getting it right in modern cars. I believe the Escalade already has this.

Bruce

A 9% improvement, if achieved, is huge (and that with a power improvement). The engine of today is already an electrically controlled, highly complex 'organism', but with fuel and emission requirements, looks to be the way of the future (and present). The "good old days" really are now.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Start and Stop technology and more Active Fuel Management ,more cost to the price of the car and more to go wrong for such a small savings on fuel mileage! I don't mean to be a nattering nabob of negativity but I do have my doubt's. More computer crap on a car . Yeah that's what we need!!

That sounds like something my grandpa used to say. He had manual windows, standard transmission etc.. not a caddy! That seems sort of contradictory coming from a guy driving an eldorado :glare:

I thought I might stir up a hornets nest with that post ! I can see where the start stop technology will save a lot of fuel in traffic ,but I don't drive in traffic much and it has to be hard on starters. If I had it I would disable it, someone will invent a chip to disable it they always do. As for active fuel management ,it has been on some Chevy pickups as early as late 07 ,my 09 GMC has it. On some forums there have been some bad reports of camshaft and lifter replacements. They all can't be lies ! There is a chip to prevent the active fuel management from working ,just keeping it in eight cylinder mode. I have the chip and it works good . Fuel mileage loss is about three percent ,very little. I'm not an old man Airmike but I still do like the simplicity of 70's era Caddys. They were pretty loaded ,with power goody's of all sorts. I'm looking at a 78 Eldorado Biarritz with a 425 v-8 . Fuel mileage doesn't matter a lot to me. Still sorry if I offended you technology lovers out there but I do love the 70's and I do love big V-8's. I love all V-8's,I have four and I love them all even with technology. LOL!!

Lots of 70s Cadillacs out there waiting to be lovingly restored to a good-as-new standard for those who enjoy the 70s cars. The new Cadillacs are light years ahead in power, handling, luxury features, and fuel economy. Yes they have more electronics, and more complete diagnostics to assure the electronics are working appropriately, and to alert if there is a problem, exactly what the problem is. I would like to have an older Cadillac and a new model, if I had the space.

Bruce

I will have an older Cadillac eventually, wouldn't mind a newer XTS but that won't be in the budget for years if ever!!!

• 6 months later...

CYLINDER DEACTIVATION AND START/STOP SYSTEMS BEGIN PRODUCTION ON ATS AND CTS PRODUCT LINES

Renowned for luxury and design, Cadillac has recently added dynamic driving performance to its list of attributes. Now as 2016 model year production begins, Cadillac adds new fuel-saving technologies. Active Fuel Management and Automatic Stop/Start technologies, and widespread use of a new 8-speed transmission, are combining to raise fuel economy ratings and reduce emissions in Cadillac’s portfolio.

http://caddyinfo.com/wordpress/new-technologies-boost-efficiency-for-2016/

Bruce

Archived