CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I am working on the rear suspension of my 1998 Eldo. I am replacing (both sides) upper and lower knuckle bushings, sway bar links, sway bar bushings, and upper control arm bushings (arm to frame). I realized after completing the removal of one knuckle and replacing the two bushing, that I had ordered two different sets of knuckle bushings. One had said upper control arm bushings, but after re-reading the site now, it says it is for the knuckle. I cannot find a site on the web that sells Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings / Arm to Frame. Has anyone ever done this or heard of it. I don't need to replace the whole control arm (and I am just doing the bushings because I have everything apart already). I haven't been able to contact a dealership because it is Sunday. Any help will be appreciated.

Kent

Is there anything obviously wrong with the current bushings?

The bushings or the arm itself are likely dealer only.

Other than the knuckle bushings there is not really anything else I have had fail. Surprisingly here in NY

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Is there anything obviously wrong with the current bushings?

The bushings or the arm itself are likely dealer only.

Other than the knuckle bushings there is not really anything else I have had fail. Surprisingly here in NYI

Nothing is spinning. Rubber seems tight in the arm although there are weather cracks. Really don't know what I am looking for. You could see how bad the upper knuckle bushing was. Just thought that since it was right in front of me that I would do a little preventive maintenance. The upper control arm was quite difficult to remove. Very tight on the left side, wedging between the trunk wall and upper air shock shroud(?) Squeezed shroud with a clamp and pounded out. I will call a dealer just to check, but it sounds like I will be putting the arm back in as is. Thanks

More than likely, they have been discontinued and no longer available. If they're not rotted, you probably will need to re-use them.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The knuckle bushings are very common. The control arm are not. I would personally just replace the knuckle joints and not worry about the arm bushings

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived