CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Symphony of Senses

LOS ANGELES – Tim Wen and Chidi Onyejuruwa have been named the winners of the Make Your Mark short film competition presented by the Producers Guild of America (PGA) and Cadillac.

A portion of “Symphony of Senses” – the winning short film – and the producers’ names will be featured in a Cadillac 30-second spot that will air on ABC during the Oscars ceremony on Sunday, February 22. The competition was launched last April, and the winners were announced last night at the 2015 Producers Guild Awards.

Wen and Onyejuruwa worked with producer Bruce Cohen (“American Beauty,” “Milk,” “Silver Linings Playbook”) as the mentor for their short film. After being selected from 10 semi-finalists, “Symphony of Senses” was among three finalists for the Make Your Mark competition. In addition to Cohen, the other finalists’ producers were mentored by distinguished PGA members Gale Anne Hurd (“Aliens,” the “Terminator” trilogy) and Peter Saraf (“Little Miss Sunshine,” “Adaptation”) to further refine their films.

“It’s been an amazing ride! I’m truly grateful to my team and producing partner for helping bring this idea to life,” said Onyejuruwa, the Make Your Mark winner. “With all the challenges we had, it's very satisfying to know that in the end our work was able to touch so many people in the way it did.”

Said Wen, Onyejuruwa’s partner in the competition, “As a young filmmaker, we rarely get to work with a leading luxury car brand like Cadillac and have an Academy Award-winning PGA mentor like Bruce Cohen supporting us. On top of that, producing a film that the celebrity judges selected as the winner? I couldn’t be more honored!”

Said Cohen: "I was impressed by Tim and Chidi's talent, enthusiasm and determination from the get-go. Their work exemplified good producing every step of the way, and I could not be more thrilled for and proud of them."

The winning short film was selected by a distinguished panel of PGA members, including Kathy Bates (“About Schmidt,” “At Play in the Fields of the Lord,” “Titanic”), Danny DeVito (“One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest,” “Batman Returns,” “Taxi”), Michael Douglas (“Wall Street,” “Basic Instinct,” “One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest”), Hawk Koch (“Source Code,” “Primal Fear,” “Wayne’s World”), Gary Lucchesi (“The Lincoln Lawyer,” “Million Dollar Baby,” “Underworld”), Lori McCreary (“Invictus,” “The Maiden Heist”), and Chris Moore (“Good Will Hunting,” “American Pie”).

The Make Your Mark film competition is presented by the Producers Guild of America and Cadillac through the Producers Guild of America Foundation. The competition enhances the annual PGA Weekend Shorts Challenge.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived