CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Inspecting A Collector Car - Points to Consider - Subject Car 1969 Cadillac

This one is a car I was asked to check out. After a few email exchanges and a phone call to the seller, WE decided there was no other option but for me to go look at the car. What I knew prior to going: The car was stored about 1 mile from the Pacific Ocean in an area known for fog and wind coming off the water. This equals Salt Air and Rust Issues. BUT the car was kept in a garage and under a cover... Garage=GOOD Under a Cover=Not Good. Covers allow moisture from the floor to condense up inside and not breath out. WHAT I did not know, was the BACK wall of this garage had been removed, allowing more fog to enter... OK, the car had some problems because of the exposure, but had no east-coast rotten car syndrome at all. Take a look at the car.. Not bad-- just OK.. My written reports average 8 pages with photos. AND a road test report

A video on car check-out for purchase.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The pulley bearing on that A6 air conditioning compressor is shot! The guy is WRONG about the compressor not running unless the A/C is on. That vintage of car did not have an "Economy" setting so the compressor ran all the time. Most people just unplugged the clutch coil to disable the compressor in the cool months. The fact the belt is off of it tells me the bearing was making a racket.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Yeah - I wouldn't call what they did as a restoration... It was just a crappy re-paint, although that car was in remarkable condition for it's age and could be restored.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived